Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Facebook Email

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

i read the headlines on it only. as far as i'm concerned, facebook should be wiped off the face of the planet! technically speaking though, it has good potential to take a large volume of users and the respective advertisement revenue from Google. It will not be a gmail killer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

will it be Femail :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

i read the headlines on it only. as far as i'm concerned, facebook should be wiped off the face of the planet! technically speaking though, it has good potential to take a large volume of users and the respective advertisement revenue from Google. It will not be a gmail killer though.

Like the way Buzz wont be a Facebook killer I suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

It might be a hit with causal email users. So as they check their Facebook profile, they can check their emails at the same time. Personally I'd hate to have an email address that ended in @facebook.com

wellboy76 wrote: »
    Like the way Buzz wont be a Facebook killer I suppose
    haha! in a way i guess! Buzz was never going to be anything imho. It one of the great things about google, they're not afraid to try, and they build some realy great things, and some really bad ones. And they usually give you a lot of control over them. The first thing i did with buzz was disable it. Facebook mail will be big with anyone who never logs out of facebook. But given time it will probably become more generally accepted. I just wouldn't trust the bastards with my personal emails.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭Razzuh

I just wouldn't trust the bastards with my personal emails.

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I just wouldn't trust the bastards with my personal emails.

Couldnt agree more, just look at the instability of chat. Even MS can get a chat client right.

Also, as above, @gmail.com is much nicer than @facebook.com IMO.

@gmail.com is much nicer than @facebook.com IMO.
    completely agree. But you know how these things go, over time they become more acceptable. In < 5 years, a facebook email address will be normal, just as it was with hotmail.. yahoo.. gmail.. It's the young & impressionable kiddies that will have the biggest takeup of a facebook email account, driving it to be successful without any notion or care for what facebook will do with all that delicious personal information. I can only hope that facebook goes the way of myspace, we just have to figure out how to make it uncool! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Couldnt agree more, just look at the instability of chat. Even MS can get a chat client right.

Also, as above, @gmail.com is much nicer than @facebook.com IMO.

However Facebook recently acquired the fb.com domain...although it's unclear what they plan to do with it.

http://mashable.com/2010/11/12/facebook-fb-email/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Lazairus

I personally store all my music notes ,

heavy files on gmail ,

I would not like facebook for that reason.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

My guess is they will pull out something special and it will rival gmail after a while, don't forget they have the apps to plug into it so there are all sorts of possibilities. I'll deffo try it.

Getting a good email/username will be difficult so its worth signing up asap. Can someone please post here as soon as they see it launching so we all know??

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Advertisement