Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flip Helmets

• 13-11-2010 11:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Im trying to pick a good, but reasonably priced lid and was looking for opinions. I want to get a flip face helmet, with an internal "pilot-style" visor, cause they look awesome.

I saw a couple, like the shark openline, airoh mathisse, and caberg justissimo.

Just wondering if any boardsies had any opinions/experiences with any of these lids, or any others you could suggest that could help me decide

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭gipi

I use a Schuberth C3 myself - not what you might call reasonably priced (I paid £360 at the NEC bike show a couple of years ago), but I haven't been disappointed with my choice.

I had a Caberg flip helmet (not the justissimo, can't remember which I had) which was okay - quite noisy though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

So many choices!...... I saw a video for the zeus zs 3000 which made it look really good too. But I havnt found any irish prices/shops online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Schuberth/BMW(system 6) seem to be the best ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

You could try using the Search function, it's usually a good starting point!

here's a thread from way back last month :D

And please don't buy something because "they look awesome", make sure it fits, performs well and is safe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,365 ✭✭✭bladespin

Carberg Justissimo, had one about 3 years now, great lid, as said above they can be noisy, I wear ear-plugs (you should no matter what helmet).
    Quality and finish is superb for a €200 helmet, very comfortable lid, even compared to the top of the range stuff, can't really fault it.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

I have a Justimisso as well. Can't fault it either. Relatively cheap too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

RosieJoe wrote: »
    You could try using the Search function, it's usually a good starting point!

here's a thread from way back last month :D

And please don't buy something because "they look awesome", make sure it fits, performs well and is safe.

My Bad.... :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

My Bad.... :o

Not at all. There are a good few threads knocking around about helmet choice. No harm having a read to get the best advice possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

I needed a new one and my local shop has practically only HJC's which I didn't know at all. Turns out they have all the safety ratings and are actually either winning or in the top 3 of the usual tests in their range.

So I got myself the HJC is-Max which is a flip helmet with very good test reults for 200€. It's a bit on the noisy side but its a nice tight but comfortable fit and I quite like it.

The best is apparently the BMW system helmet but it's design is not for everyone and they wouldnt even let you look at one for 200€.

The other one I was looking at was the Nolan N103 and I still reckon it's probably the better helmet but there was no place having it in stock locally and a helmet is not something I would buy without trying it on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Just bought my second nolan. The 102 did its job but its a bit old so I ordered a 103 on fc-moto. Only €7.50 postage

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I like flip helmets but bare in mind most of them are nosier then regular helmets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

faceman wrote: »
    I like flip helmets but bare in mind most of them are nosier then regular helmets.

My BMW system 5 is much quieter than the Arai FV I used previously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Kiddeh

Ye the Carberg Justissimo is a great lid really but noisy as hell.... wind cuts threw it like a hot knife threw butter... then again if ya get a decent fit you wont get a more comfortable to wear...

haven't experienced any of your other helmets alas but why you so set on getting a flip helmet?

Advertisement