Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

stolen bike

• 13-11-2010 11:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭

got my spesh sirrus elite stolen tonight in mount argus left it at my back garden with the gate locked and arrived home tonight the lock was gone and bike was gone.... my sirrus was parked and tied to and old bike and my daughters swing set they cut through the locks left the old bike just took my sirrus.... looks the same as the link below except it has panniers at the back now and the frame wherein it says sirrus elite is covered by black electrical tape.

reported it to the gards the gards told me theres lots of bike stolen didnt even ask me what color of bike it was and said i should have bought a cheaper bike and placed a cctv in my garden in the first place:confused:..

http://www.adverts.ie/218757/bikes/specialized-sirrus-elite-10-56m/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

Poor response from the guards.

Have you photo of your own bike that you can post up here? It wouldn't hurt.

Keep an eye on Gumtree, Buy and sell and the like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

make a flier up and drop it into every bike shop in town you can. if it's sold on to an idiot then they may bring it in to get a puncture fixed or something!

it's the only way i got my bike back a couple of months ago!(i hit 22 bike shops!)

don't expect all the bike shops to be very helpful and if you can talk to the guys in the workshops then give them the flier!

best of look and don't lose hope!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭zindicato

thanks guys will print out some fliers definitely ... thats the actual photo of my bike on the link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

I'm just curious what sort of lock you had?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 surf safari

Got my Lapierre Pro Team stolen in Trinity College on 11th November 2010. It is blue/ Crome colour mavic black wheels contilental tyres, rolls saddle and deore disk brakes. Unique frame, front suspension hardtail only. Any help appreciated, miss my bike! ph 087 2868717:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Got my Lapierre Pro Team stolen in Trinity College on 11th November 2010. It is blue/ Crome colour mavic black wheels contilental tyres, rolls saddle and deore disk brakes. Unique frame, front suspension hardtail only. Any help appreciated, miss my bike! ph 087 2868717:(

I had to cycle into town last monday. I have a Specialiaed rockhopper comp, pretty good level entry MTB. I Parked by penneys on O Connel street. I used 3 very good locks ( was a very heavy 26km roound trip commute lol ). I also removed my seatpost. I came back to my bike 45 minutes later and the front suspension had been unlocked. So someone was at my bike. GGGgggrrrr!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 surf safari

<snip>

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,703 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

@surf safari

You have your own stolen bike thread, now stop jumping into everyone else's to bump this

Thanks

Beasty

Advertisement