Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safety Cameras - Dungarvan

Options
  • 13-11-2010 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭

Thought it would be interesting to start a thread on the Safety Cameras which will be going live on Monday around Dungarvan. From the Garda website (http://www.garda.ie/sez/waterford.aspx#map) there will be 4 around the town (not at the same time I take it). What do people think about this? Can we please leave out such replies as "if you're not speeding you've nothing to worry about" or "they are only being introduced to rip off the poor motorist and has noting to do with safety" unless you have more to add to the thread.

I'd like to start with the Urban N25 4.6km, this is the Dungarvan ring road. Is there a requirement for Safety Cameras on this stretch? I think the area around the Coolagh Service Station / Tounore junction maybe (this can be dangerous at times) but from the Coolagh Roundabout to the last roundabout on the the Cork / Youghal road I'm not too sure.
    There are 7 roundabaouts on this stretch and it is very busy during the day, is there a chance for people to speed? How may serious accidents have taken place here (isn't this the reason for implementing the cameras?)? I travel this route on the way to Cork before 6 every morning and I admit I go over 60 km / h, maybe up to 80 but I see about 3 to 5 cars in all this time.

Will the threat of safety cameras drive more people to go through the town early in the morning or late in the evening? Before I moved to Dungarvan (from Waterford) over 2 years ago I use to go through the town in the morning to avoid being stuck behind the trucks (Celtic Tiger days) but gave it up because most of the trucks started to do the same thing.

I know I have a lot of questions here but I just trying to start a debate, what do others thing. I'll talk about the other areas later.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 seanbl

This speeding thing is just new stealth tax

Anyone doing any kind of mileage now will be forced to pay more for their insurance as they will definitely end up with points.

But to show that gardaí are a model of efficiencey and excellence their web site is down !

Advertisement