Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed camera locations in South Tipp

Options
  • 14-11-2010 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭

These locations I have noticed are speed cameral locations:

N24 from about Dove Hill to Carrick
    N24 from the Cahir Rd. roundabout to the Barne
    N24 from Killadriffe (i.e just beyond the bends after Cahir) to Bansha
    N24 after Bansha towars Tipp town
    N24 from Tipp town nearly to Limerick Junction
    R689 from Clonmel to Lisronagh (Fethard Road)
    R665 from Clonmel to the steep hill past Knocklofty
    R665 from beyond Ardfinnan to Coolbaun
    The Old N7 both sides of Cahir (i.e between the Cahir motorway junctions)

Let me know if I've missed one.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

You will find out yourself if you missed one.....:D just kidding!!!! Thanks for the post................

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

cml387 wrote: »
    These locations I have noticed are speed cameral locations:

N24 from about Dove Hill to Carrick
    N24 from the Cahir Rd. roundabout to the Barne
    N24 from Killadriffe (i.e just beyond the bends after Cahir) to Bansha
    N24 after Bansha towars Tipp town
    N24 from Tipp town nearly to Limerick Junction
    R689 from Clonmel to Lisronagh (Fethard Road)
    R665 from Clonmel to the steep hill past Knocklofty
    R665 from beyond Ardfinnan to Coolbaun

Let me know if I've missed one.

Without wanting to be a pious prat do you think posting the locations of speed camera's will improve the problem we have with speeding in Tipp?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭cml387

Without wanting to be a pious prat do you think posting the locations of speed camera's will improve the problem we have with speeding in Tipp?

Just saving people the effort of going to the Garda website where
    the locations are listed for all to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

I'm glad that the N24 is being targeted in fairness. As a daily user it's in my interest that people don't speed on this badly aligned and over-capacity road. I think it's great that the M8 hasn't been targeted; in fact, I would raise speed limits on the motorways to 140 and ban agricultural vehicles from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭CandleLight

are they on the roads in tipp yet? will be travelling in tipp tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Dalmation 1

Saw one today between Carrick on Suir and Piltown on the N24

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭pooch90

Where the overtaking lanes are with the lethal steel dividers?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

are they on the roads in tipp yet? will be travelling in tipp tomorrow

They sure are on the roads, so be careful out there! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

Just saving people the effort of going to the Garda website where
    the locations are listed for all to see.

Sorry I meant to come on and apologise for that post. Heard the coppers on the radio yesterday.Its clearly their tactic to tell people where the cameras are :rolleyes:

Keep up the good civic work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

do these cameras work at night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

Sorry I meant to come on and apologise for that post. Heard the coppers on the radio yesterday.Its clearly their tactic to tell people where the cameras are :rolleyes:

Keep up the good civic work
    #

I don't have a link at the moment but I remember hearing how in Australia, the approximate locations of the police who are checking for speeding are announced on local radios. The system apparently works as motorists are aware of their presence and keep within the speed limit and don't take chances on dangerous overtaking etc.

egan2020 wrote: »
    #

I don't have a link at the moment but I remember hearing how in Australia, the approximate locations of the police who are checking for speeding are announced on local radios. The system apparently works as motorists are aware of their presence and keep within the speed limit and don't take chances on dangerous overtaking etc.

and remember, the Gardai will still be operating their own speed traps anywhere at any time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

From the garda.ie website.
    Safety cameras will be on the roads all across Ireland where fatal collisions are happening as a result of inappropriate speed.

From travelling these roads every day for the last 30 years, it's been a looooooong time since there has been a serious accident on this stretch of road, never mind a fatality. Especially between the Tipp roundabout and the northern exit of the motorway. The other roads are hard to argue with, but targeting this section is pointless,

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭clansman

Fionn wrote: »
    do these cameras work at night?

yes
    They use laser detectors (apparently new technology) Ireland is the first country to adopt the new cameras :(

From the garda.ie website.

From travelling these roads every day for the last 30 years, it's been a looooooong time since there has been a serious accident on this stretch of road, never mind a fatality. Especially between the Tipp roundabout and the northern exit of the motorway. The other roads are hard to argue with, but targeting this section is pointless,

You may have forgotten this one:
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2005/0726/mcgrathm.html

You may have forgotten this one:
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2005/0726/mcgrathm.html

Nope. I remember that well alright. That happened OUTSIDE of the marked area for where the speed cameras can be set up.

That's my point. The area where that accident happened, and further along that road, there have been a few accidents and fatalities, yet the speed cameras will not be set up there.

Instead they're marked to be set up where there is a much less chance of an accident, but a better chance of catching someone speeding.

Nope. I remember that well alright. That happened OUTSIDE of the marked area for where the speed cameras can be set up.

That's my point. The area where that accident happened, and further along that road, there have been a few accidents and fatalities, yet the speed cameras will not be set up there.

Instead they're marked to be set up where there is a much less chance of an accident, but a better chance of catching someone speeding.

Sorry,you're right.

I suppose me being a cynic, I can't help but think that in the case I'm talking about, it is done to raise revenue for the Garda, rather than accident prevention. I know the private company do not get anything extra for catching more speeding motorists, but the State does.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 paddy247

Where exactly is the Camera in knocklofty? Haven't seen it myself and I drive to knocklofty house all the time?

Only thing ive seen to date was the road sign to warn of one up ahead?

Thanks.
    P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

paddy247 wrote: »
    Where exactly is the Camera in knocklofty? Haven't seen it myself and I drive to knocklofty house all the time?

Only thing ive seen to date was the road sign to warn of one up ahead?

Thanks.
    P

The vans move around regularly. They can pull up anywhere between the two signs at any time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement