Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless USB Network Adaptor

Options
  • 14-11-2010 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hello all,

I currently connect to the internet (on a router from BT) using a Belkin Wireless G Plus Mimo Network Adaptor (I can't connect the computer to the router directly as the computer isn't near the phoneline).

The Belkin Adaptor sometimes loses the internet connection and the Belkin software for connecting to the net seems clunky and slow. I think that the Belkin device is most likely the main problem as other laptops have had no problem picking up the router's signal.

Anyway, I now have another PC to set up on the router most likely also using a wireless adaptor and I am wondering is there another piece of hardware/another type of wireless adaptor that's better for linking up with the router.

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

there is a lot manufatures produce network adaptor, but it might not be the issue with the belkin, if don't like the belkin software, you can use the windows wireless software, try reinstall the drivers, or change wireless channel no the router.

Advertisement