Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there any good gifts for someone who is into Formula One?

Options
  • 14-11-2010 2:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I know nothing about it myself but I'd like to get something F1-ish for someone who is into it.
    Is there anything an F1 fan might like ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Is it F1 these days they're into or would it be classic F1? What age is this person?

If they have a favourite driver I'm sure a good book about them might be good but tbh a F1 fan would probably love tickets to a race more than anything :D

All depends on your budget!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Budget is limiting factor but have you thought about a day at a racing driving school?

Dunno how much it costs. I got one at Mondello Park as a present some years ago. They teach you how to drive at speed around a circuit and then let you go out, first in a hot hatch and then in an open-cockpit racing car. Not quite Formula One but near enough for the lay person!

Great fun. Wholly recommend it.

If your budget will stretch all the racing circuits in England do different types of one-day event/courses too, encompassing rally driving, high-speed track racing, off-road 4x4 driving etc.

Try websites for Mondello (Co Kildare) Silverstone (Northampton shire) Brand's Hatch (Kent) and Donnington. (?)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Theres a place in blanchardstown shopping centre that do sporting photos framed with signatures/memorbilia (??) and they have some F1 stuff. Make sure you find out what team they support and make sure if buying something like above that it relates to that team! Theres an F1 mag out every month as well, sure you could get a subscription to it somewhere. Tickets to the Monaco race next year would probably get you a few brownie points.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks guys ...they are some excellent ideas! :)

I don't think my budget would stretch as far as tickets to one of these things but I suppose I can keep it in mind for the future... :)

Anymore ideas let me know... particularly of the cheaper variety :)

The person is an adult btw. :)

Advertisement