Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need christmas ideas big or small

Options
  • 14-11-2010 2:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

hello i live in longford
    and i looking for fun ideas of things to do at christmas
    no matter how big or small
    just need ideas of how to make christmas more fun
    oh and no alcohol related ideas ok.....i dont drink

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Around Christmas time or on Christmas day?
    Is it just for you or is it for you/family/friends/etc?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Yeah, I'm not sure if you mean coming up to Christmas or on the day..
    If you mean around Christmas, baking a Christmas cake is always fun and festive. Then you get to ice it a few days later and decorate it with little snowmen and other such festive things. Plus, as most bought Christmas cakes have alcohol in them and you may not want that, you could make one without alcohol. Lots of orange and lemon juice would still give it a nice kick. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 winchesterj54

star-pants wrote: »
    Around Christmas time or on Christmas day?
    Is it just for you or is it for you/family/friends/etc?

sorry for the confusion im an idiot..haha
    i mean things to do around christmas or on the day
    and it's ideas for my family not friends...

Posy wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm not sure if you mean coming up to Christmas or on the day..
    If you mean around Christmas, baking a Christmas cake is always fun and festive. Then you get to ice it a few days later and decorate it with little snowmen and other such festive things. Plus, as most bought Christmas cakes have alcohol in them and you may not want that, you could make one without alcohol. Lots of orange and lemon juice would still give it a nice kick. :)

thanks for the idea....baking a christmas cake might be cool
    but im the kinda guy who sets fire to the kitchen trying to make a cup of tea
    so as you can imagine my cooking skills are severly aweful....hahaha
    i'll leave the baking to my sister she's better at it.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

There's other family things like picking out the tree, sorting decorations, decorating it together whilst watching a film to get ye in the spirit.

Christmas shopping , for food or presents etc. If you could travel a day could be made out of it. (and if ye like shopping lol)

If there's lights being turned on in your area ye could gather for that.

As said baking a cake, or even Christmas cookies, could even decorate the cookies if you're not the best at the baking part :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

buy a board game for the family and sit around playing it - great craic and puts everyone in a good mood

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Ice skating if there's one near you. Also, a trip to the christmas markets are fun for everybody

Love2love wrote: »
    Ice skating if there's one near you. Also, a trip to the christmas markets are fun for everybody

great idea thanks love 2 love

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

A walk on the beach on Boxing day is a long standing tradition in my family. I also bring my dog for the walk and my horse for a gallop along the beach afterwards while the kids collect things and build sandcastles in their wellies and hats and scarves! :D

<ETA> Just realised your in Longford :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭theghost

buy a board game for the family and sit around playing it - great craic and puts everyone in a good mood

Cluedo is good for Christmas Day. You could try playing Charades as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭desolate sun

theghost wrote: »
    Cluedo is good for Christmas Day. You could try playing Charades as well.

I love Cluedo.

One of the most hilarious games I've ever played is Cranium - if you don't own, then invest in it - you will have the most craic playing it. I played it many times and all times I've been sober but I've never laughed so loud
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hasbro-16509-Cranium-Wow-Game/dp/B001TH8F1Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1290590743&sr=8-1

There's also a family edition of it and you can buy just the cards in tesco for about €6. It's fun just to do the cards on their own, if you don't want to go to the bother of playing the whole game

Advertisement