Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custom birthday cake?

Options
  • 14-11-2010 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi all! Newbie here ;)

I'm looking for a custom cake to be made. Not a big one either. But just something special. I was wondering if anyone has any places/people they can suggest please (in Dublin)? My friend is moving away and I want to make his birthday as memorable as possible this year. I unfortunately don't have a the biggest of budgets. Being a student in Dublin doesn't tend to pay very well. Something that won't make me break the bank would be ideal.

If anyone has any suggestions/tips. That would be wonderful. Thank you muchly!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I had at least 3 people in mind to suggest to you but unfortunately as they all are (trying) to do it professionally they have to charge for their time, which custom made cakes take lots of, so if you don't have a big budget your best bet is to find someone who does it as a hobby, who isn't trying to make a wage from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hi, my friend does these, she has a facebook page here with photos and contact details are in the "info" tab also.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Jacquis-Cakes/134176036617802?v=wall

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭smallgarden

this might sound mad but would you try making simple one yourself.your friend would really appreciate something you made yourself.itd prob be much cheaper.have you any ideas of what type of cake as id be happy to try guide you through making basic one

• Registered Users Posts: 8 nolitimere

Spadina wrote: »
    I had at least 3 people in mind to suggest to you but unfortunately as they all are (trying) to do it professionally they have to charge for their time, which custom made cakes take lots of, so if you don't have a big budget your best bet is to find someone who does it as a hobby, who isn't trying to make a wage from it.
    Of course, that's totally understandable. Thank you for the advice. :)

cormie I'll definitely be checking that page out, it seems to definitely be the sort of thing I'm looking for. Thank you!
    this might sound mad but would you try making simple one yourself.your friend would really appreciate something you made yourself.itd prob be much cheaper.have you any ideas of what type of cake as id be happy to try guide you through making basic one
    While I thank you kindly for the very sweet offer. I'm pretty helpless at this baking thing myself. And since I'm looking for something a bit creative and out of the ordinary. Baking it myself isn't really an option.

Advertisement