Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Two XBoxes?

• 14-11-2010 11:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭

I've got an old launch 360 in my "game room" along with my PS3, PC etc. The room is really only big enough for one person and not big enough for Kinect.

In our living room, we've got a DVD player giving us problems.

I want to get a kinect and get the missus into some light gaming, but she'd never allow the launch 360 into the living room and I wouldn't want to move it anyway.

So I'm thinking of getting rid of the DVD player, and getting kinect with one of them nice new shiny black XBoxes for the living room. I figure if she needs to use the xbox to play her DVDs she'll get used to it and stop seeing it as just a games console she doesn't know how to use :)

Anyway, couple of questions:
    1) are the new XBoxes quiet? Like, as quiet as a DVD player? She won't like it if it's noisy.
    2) can I share my profile / log in to my gamertag between both consoles easily enough or will it be a pain to keep a profile synced on both consoles? Maybe I should just create a new profile for day tonday kinect use and keep my old "hardcore" profile on the original xbox.
    3) anyone know the best deal for a console / kinect bundle?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Branoic wrote: »
    I've got an old launch 360 in my "game room" along with my PS3, PC etc. The room is really only big enough for one person and not big enough for Kinect.

In our living room, we've got a DVD player giving us problems.

I want to get a kinect and get the missus into some light gaming, but she'd never allow the launch 360 into the living room and I wouldn't want to move it anyway.

So I'm thinking of getting rid of the DVD player, and getting kinect with one of them nice new shiny black XBoxes for the living room. I figure if she needs to use the xbox to play her DVDs she'll get used to it and stop seeing it as just a games console she doesn't know how to use :)

Anyway, couple of questions:
    1) are the new XBoxes quiet? Like, as quiet as a DVD player? She won't like it if it's noisy.
    2) can I share my profile / log in to my gamertag between both consoles easily enough or will it be a pain to keep a profile synced on both consoles? Maybe I should just create a new profile for day tonday kinect use and keep my old "hardcore" profile on the original xbox.
    3) anyone know the best deal for a console / kinect bundle?

I can answer 1 and 2.

1: Yes its much quieter.

2: There are 2 ways to move profiles from one xbox to another.
    First download your profile on to new xbox from xbox live. This takes a long time and has to be done everytime you switch from one xbox to the other.

Or you can buy a memory card and put your profile onto that. Again this takes a bit of time but is a better option than the download thing.

So you'd be better off making a new profile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭samina

im one of those wives who thinks they are just a games console we just got a new one a couple of weeks ago and i think its very noisey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Another question - do the new xbox models come with wifi included?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

You can also use any bog standard USB stick to move your profile from one console to another, very handy. I think it has to be over 1gb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

if you had an old elite you could just pop the hard drive in and out from each one but as far as i know the new xbox doesn't fit the old hard drvies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Ah really? Nuts. I had a spare HD around from when I upgraded my old one and was going to replace the 4gig on the new one? It won't fit? Bummer.

Advertisement