Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless router

Options
  • 14-11-2010 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

I want to replace a Netgear Range Max wireless "G" router that has failed. I live in a bungalow built with solid block internal walls and the Range Max signal was very weak or non-existant in some of the more distant rooms.
    What should I get as a replacement, preferably one with a greater reach. Should I get an "N" router? Have "N" routers more power?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

I'd recommend the Buffalo WHR-HP-G54, its by far the best router I've ever used in terms of range. That being said it can't work miracles and if you are going at a diagonal through several concrete walls you are going to have a week signal at best. If thats the case then I would recommend buying a second one, putting it at the other side of the house and linking them preferably via cat5 or homeplug if you can't run the cables.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

gotta agree with Knasher the best by far

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭TAPlank

Thanks for the help, will look for one as recommmended.

Advertisement