Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

badly needed

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Why not just spoof your BenQ to be a Samsung, I don't quite understand why you'd need one over the other...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

id get banned from xbox live

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Ah I see, won't that happen anyway the fact that your going to have to inject the drive key into replacment firmware? Sorry, I'm not a Live user so I've no experience at all with modded drives on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Buy another BenQ, swap over the logic boards.

Dump the original firmware off the BenQ drive you are replacing, and then flash it to the replacement BenQ - no messing with keys required, just a straight flash.

If you do not have the OFW of the original BenQ drive with the key already in it then I believe it's possible to download the OFW of a BenQ from the net and insert your Key into that OFW for flashing to the replacement drive.

None of these 3 methods should result in a Live ban

BTW, if you have a LiteOn I'll gladly swap you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

as far as I know the lasers in benqs and lite ons are interchangable so if thats the part your after and you have a working samsung I'll gladly swap

Afraid not, I need the logic board :D

Advertisement