Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are the most "valid" ghost photos of all time?

Options
  • 14-11-2010 12:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

I am looking for the most heralded ghost/visions photos of all time. I was looking up paranormal.about.com and this one came up:

boothill_ghost_lg.jpg

A man in the background in the bog, appears to be holding a knife. Can somebody point me in the right direction of some legit ones.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,601 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Whether its fake or real, Ive always found the pic taken in the Amityville House of the boy creepy. It was taken with a static camera.

am19.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

faceman wrote: »
    Whether its fake or real, Ive always found the pic taken in the Amityville House of the boy creepy. It was taken with a static camera.

Ive never seen that before. Its very creepy. Any more background to the image. Is it one of the DeFoe kids?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,601 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Grimes wrote: »
    Ive never seen that before. Its very creepy. Any more background to the image. Is it one of the DeFoe kids?

I never gave much credibility to the whole Amityville story but the photo popped up a documentary on the house. From what I recall they set up static cameras around the house and this photo turned up unexpectedly.

Some have speculated that its a fake because the child looks nothing like the DeFoe kids. I dont think we can draw a conclusion that it does.

None the less, its a creepy pic!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

That picture is a famous picture in the paranormal. It looks amazing.

Check out the famous gray lady ghost picture at raynham.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Id never seen that Amityville pic before. Just what you need to see before you go to bed. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭0verblood

am19.jpg

Why is this scary? It's just a kid walking around the house.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

A school coach crashed in Ireland about 7 years ago (no one seriously hurt, afair) and I think it was the Star that had a picture of it on the front page. The following day several readers noticed that there was a nun sitting on the coach ... apparently she was a teacher in the school years before.

Unfortunately, I've no picture of it. I remember my ma thought it was a shocker though so kept the page up somewhere.

am19.jpg

when this pic was taken the Warrens were present,,the demon everywere syndrome couple and the ones who made a fortune out the franchise ie books and movies this pic is fake once they are involved you know its a money racket

Plus people say it was the young boy of the house that was murdered

children.jpg?w=500

not the same there

0verblood wrote: »

When it is placed in the context of where it was taken it is scary. You know that.

from what ive read of the warrens, they do appear to be more interested in generating cash than anything else, which could mean that its just a picture of a kid in a house.

According to the photographer though, there were no kids in the house when he was there. the cameras where set up over night.

Still though, my gut feeling says its a setup - even if the warrens didnt have a dodgy reputation, who says a kid couldnt have snuck in the house anyway? Technically, it is just a picture of a young boy in a doorway.

The image composure is creepy, the child in the doorway. Even if it is a set up, which is very likely is, its still composed to have a creepy effect. Its a creepy image on apsychological level. Kind of like the The Scream. Its a painting but it still gives me the creeps.

oh i agree - if you take it in the context of the house the picture was taken in, its creepy. but on the other hand, if you try to look at it as a paranormal photo, you cant really say its anymore than a kid in a photograph.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Its funny seeing people desperate to find reasons for it in that 2nd article. They look exactly like each other.

• Advertisement

Its not really a photo but again another odd/creepy looking painting. Hands Resist Him. Of course the tag of the painting being cursed helped up its eBay sale price!

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭dollydishmop

Its not really a photo but again another odd/creepy looking painting. Hands Resist Him. Of course the tag of the painting being cursed helped up its eBay sale price!

FYP ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

0verblood wrote: »

....and you can see the reflection of the flash in the kids eyes.

Advertisement