Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skeleton Boy's Sports Log

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Another one

CHI Bears+3.0 @ 20/23
    PHL Eagles-3.5 @ 20/23
    TB Buccaneers-1.5 @ 10/11
    Trebles, 1 bet * €5.00
    Potential Winnings €28.36

Worst weekend in the nfl for me all season. It's been quite profitable for me thus far though so you'll have to expect one or two bad weeks.
    Two really shocking results there though. The Pats going into Solider Field and doing that :eek: They've got to be red hot favourites for the Super Bowl now. And of course the Packers losing to the Lions was tough especially as a Packers fan myself. Hopefully Rodgers will be good to go next week but we've one tough schedule ahead of us and that loss yesterday was devastating :(

Will probably have a small bet on the soccer tonight later.

Balance: €122.30

1 Luis Nani @ 7/1 (first goalscorer)
    Stake: 5.00 Single
    Potential Winnings: 35.00

1 SD Chargers -10.0 @ 10/11
    Stake: 11.00 Single
    Potential Winnings: 10.00

Annoyed I missed the earlier spreads but still think the Chargers should cover this one at home.

1 SD Chargers -10.0 @ 10/11
    Stake: 11.00 Single

Annoyed I missed the earlier spreads but still think the Chargers should cover this one at home.

Win and we've our money back from last weekends disaster :D

Balance: €127.30

• Advertisement

Gone with these for today:

CHI Bears-8.0 @ 10/11
    ATL Falcons-6.0 @ 10/11
    Doubles, 1 bet * €10.00
    Potential Winnings: €26.45

and

1 HOU Texans @ 21/20
    2 ARZ Cardinals @ 5/4
    3 NO Saints +1.5 @ 20/21
    Multiple Bets
    1 x 5.00 Trebles
    Stake: 5.00
    Potential Winnings: 40.03

1 Mike Wallace anytime (PIT Steelers) @ 1/1
    Stake: 10.00 Single

Gone with these for today:

CHI Bears-8.0 @ 10/11
    ATL Falcons-6.0 @ 10/11
    Doubles, 1 bet * €10.00
    Potential Winnings: €26.45

and

1 HOU Texans @ 21/20
    2 ARZ Cardinals @ 5/4
    3 NO Saints +1.5 @ 20/21
    Multiple Bets
    1 x 5.00 Trebles
    Potential Winnings: 40.03

First bet half up. Second one went terribly, wont be betting on any meaningless games from now on. Just sitting back and enjoying the crazy twists :pac:
    1 Mike Wallace anytime (PIT Steelers) @ 1/1

Saw plenty of the ball but unfortunately none of it in the endzone.

Balance €102.30
    In play: €10.00

Bet365 still have Peterson listed on their TD scorers list. Huge value imo, especially in this weather where passing will be kept to a minimum

1 Toby Gerhart (MIN Vikings) anytime TD scorer @ 5/4
    Stake: 20.00 Single
    Potential Winnings: 25.00

Above bet lost (doomed as soon as Favre left the game) but my double easily came in.

Too many bets this weekend. Easy to tell it's my first weekend home from college :pac:
    Going to be more selective from now on.

Balance: €108.75

• Advertisement

1 Draw @ 13/8
    Potential Winnings: 16.25

That's in the Barca game. Barca being frustrated and 13/8 is nice with only 15min to go.

1 Draw @ 13/8
    Potential Winnings: 16.25

That's in the Barca game. Barca being frustrated and 13/8 is nice with only 15min to go.

Win. Perhaps a bit lucky but was too tempted not to have a punt at that price.

Balance: €125

1 Over 59.5 Louisville vs Southern Miss @ 10/11
    2 DAL Mavericks +2.5 @ 10/11
    Multiple Bets
    1 x 5.00 Doubles
    Potential Winnings: 13.22

Small one for the night for a bit of interest.

1 Over 59.5 Louisville vs Southern Miss @ 10/11
    2 DAL Mavericks +2.5 @ 10/11
    Multiple Bets
    1 x 5.00 Doubles
    Potential Winnings: 13.22

Small one for the night for a bit of interest.

Basketball bet won but the football side lost out by 0.5. It was 21-21 at HT, a scoreless 3rd followed (including a blocked FG :mad:). Then there was 2 TD's in the first minute of the 4th meaning I only needed 4 more points. All we get from the rest of the game is a FG. **** my luck.

Balance: €120

1 CAR Panthers - Under 12.5 @ 5/6
    Stake: 24.00 Single
    Potential Winnings: 20.00

The panthers are only averaging 13.1 points a game this season. Tonight are going to the home of arguably the best defence in the league. The Steelers are tied top the nfl in points allowed per game (15.7). I really cant see Carolina getting into the endzone here hence the relatively big bet for me tonight. The only doubt in my mind would be the absence of Troy Polamalu, the undoubted leader of the Steelers D. Still at home, against a very poor Panthers side, this looks like one not to be passed up on.

1 CAR Panthers - Under 12.5 @ 5/6
    Stake: 24.00 Single
    Potential Winnings: 20.00

The panthers are only averaging 13.1 points a game this season. Tonight are going to the home of arguably the best defence in the league. The Steelers are tied top the nfl in points allowed per game (15.7). I really cant see Carolina getting into the endzone here hence the relatively big bet for me tonight. The only doubt in my mind would be the absence of Troy Polamalu, the undoubted leader of the Steelers D. Still at home, against a very poor Panthers side, this looks like one not to be passed up on.

Win. The Panthers could only manage three points and as predicted they didn't come close to getting into the endzone :D Think I'll try and provide a bit of reasoning from here on as it proved to be very beneficial tonight and it can only improve the quality of the log.
    Biggest bet of the season for me on nfl comes good and we've a new high for the log :D

Balance: €140
    Profit: €40

1 Under 43.5 (Seahawkes @ Bucs) @ 10/11
    2 Over 2.5 (Villa vs Spurs) @ 3/4
    3 SD Chargers -8.0 @ 10/11
    Multiple Bets
    1 x 10.00 Trebles
    Stake: 10.00
    Potential Winnings: 53.78

Gone with a bit of mix and match tonight as I'm staying away from meaningless games in nfl. They're very unpredictable (but highly entertaining!)
    The Bucs and Seahawkes are both still in with a shot at the playoffs. However neither have prolific offences and both are averaging 20.0 and 19.9 respectively. For this reason the spread looks favourable. Hoping for a cagey affair as the loser will most likely not make the playoffs.
    Living with a very frustrated Villa fan at college. As he'd say "Villa always concede late". Today they've face a Spurs side who as we all know aren't afraid to score goals. I'd have my doubts about Spurs at the back too though so both teams to score @ 4/7 looks a strong bet bet. But being my birthday I decided to be greedy and go with overs. Still it should have a very good chance imo.
    The last one is simple. The Chargers have the top defence and second offence in the league. They must win to have any chance of making the playoffs. The Bengals have won three games all season. San Diego should be too much for them and I expect them to cover.

Got the soccer bang on. Could of been over 2.5 in the first 20min. Only saw highlights of the nfl cause I was out last night but I got it pretty wrong :o A big breakout day for Josh Freeman throwing 5 TD's saw the Bucs almost beat the overs themselves. :pac: Carson Palmer also decieded to turn up for the first time this season and played a near perfect game. Ah well.

Balance: €130
    Profit: €30

1 Didier Drogba to score anytime and Chelsea 1-0 @ 25/1
    Potential Winnings: 125.00
    2 Didier Drogba to score anytime and Chelsea 2-0 @ 20/1
    Potential Winnings: 100.00

Drogba loves scoring against Arsenal. He's bagged 13 in 13. Chelsea have won this fixture the last 4 times and haven't conceded in the last 3. Hoping these trends continue tonight.

Fernando Torres to score first and Fulltime Result: Liverpool @ 3/1
    Potential Winnings: 30.00

Torres has scored almost a goal a game at home in his career at Liverpool and I think the break Liverpool are coming off can only help his form. Wolves have only 1 point away from home this season, the worst away record in all 4 leagues. Gerrard also make his return tonight, so with him and Torres on the field at home I'd hope Liverpool have no problems getting past Wolves.

• Advertisement

Should of known better than betting on Liverpool :o

Balance: €110

1 Pierre Garcon (IND Colts) @ 1/1
    2 Mario Manningham (NY Giants) @ 10/11
    Multiple Bets
    1 x 20.00 Doubles
    Stake: 20.00
    Potential Winnings: 56.36

Indy face a must win game (to clench the division title) against the Titans tonight. A Titans team who have nothing to play for and are 5th worst in the league against the pass. Would be confident in the Colts scoring 2+ TD's tonight and hopefully one will find Pierre Garcon.
    The Giants still have a slight hope of making the playoffs. (the need help from the Bears) The Redskins are the 2nd worst team in the league against the pass and with Nicks out, Manningham becomes the Giants number one receiver tonight. This should be a high scoring game and I'm very confident we'll see Manning to Manningham.

1 Pierre Garcon (IND Colts) @ 1/1
    2 Mario Manningham (NY Giants) @ 10/11
    Multiple Bets
    1 x 20.00 Doubles
    Stake: 20.00
    Potential Winnings: 56.36

Indy face a must win game (to clench the division title) against the Titans tonight. A Titans team who have nothing to play for and are 5th worst in the league against the pass. Would be confident in the Colts scoring 2+ TD's tonight and hopefully one will find Pierre Garcon.
    The Giants still have a slight hope of making the playoffs. (the need help from the Bears) The Redskins are the 2nd worst team in the league against the pass and with Nicks out, Manningham becomes the Giants number one receiver tonight. This should be a high scoring game and I'm very confident we'll see Manning to Manningham.

Win. Two deep third quarter strikes of 92yards (Manningham) and 30yards (Garcon) :D
    If only the Packers could get some points on the board now I'd be a very happy camper!

EDIT: Packers win :D

Balance: €166.36

1 STL Rams - STL Rams @ 11/10
    Potential Winnings: 5.50

The Rams are the better team here imo. They should come out strong trying to quieten that 12th man in Seattle. As well at that a 7-9 team just is not making the playoffs. Go Rams.

Well the Rams did the opposite of what I thought. Gave up a TD early in the first and played really conservatively throughout. A team with a losing record in the playoffs :eek:

Balance: €161.36
    Profit: €61.36

1 Man Utd to win to nil @ 1/1

United have only conceded 6 goals at home all season as well as failing to win there only once all season. As well as that Stoke have been convincingly beaten to nil on their last two trips to Old Trafford (4-0 & 5-0).

1 Man Utd to win to nil @ 1/1

United have only conceded 6 goals at home all season as well as failing to win there only once all season. As well as that Stoke have been convincingly beaten to nil on their last two trips to Old Trafford (4-0 & 5-0).

Just saw the highlights there. First Stoke goal in Old Trafford for 30 years and against the play it seems :pac: Ah well.

Balance: €151.36
    Profit: €51.36

1 Under 2.5 (Arsenal vs Manchester City) @ 1/1
    2 Bolton @ 8/11
    3 Tottenham DNB @ 1/1
    Multiple Bets
    1 x 10.00 Trebles
    Stake: 10.00
    Potential Winnings: 59.09

City will most likely set up in a defensive 4-5-1 at the Emirates with Tevez the lone striker. City have the best defence in the league (only conceded 9 in 10 games) and you have to think that'll be their key focus tonight. Fancy a 0-1 or 1-1 here.
    Bolton are off the back of two tough away defeats against Liverpool and Chelsea. They will want to get back to winning ways tonight against a Wigan side without arguably their best play N'Zogbia (suspension). Bolton have picked up points in all but one game at home this season and you've got the think they've a good chance of picking up all three here.
    Must admit it was headshot who pointed me towards my third selection. Tottenham DNB at even looks a fantastic bet. They have the 4th best away record in the league and Everton (without Cahill tonight!) have the second worst home record. It's hard to see where the goals will come for Everton without Cahill and Spurs are always good for one or two.

1 Carlos Tevez to score first and Man City 1-0 @ 35/1
    Potential Winnings: 175.00

As mentioned above City should set up defensively tonight with Tevez up front alone. Have to fancy his chances of nabbing one against a poor Arsenal defence. Once they get in front I can see Mancini playing for 1-0. As well as that Arsenal have lost 3 times at home this season so there's no reason why City can't do it tonight. Well worth a punt at 35/1 imo.

• Advertisement

1 Nicklas Bendtner (2nd goal) @ 13/2
    Potential Winnings: 32.50

Can't believe I've bet on Bendtner to score but fancy him with Walcott on

Advertisement