Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5th year studying?

• 14-11-2010 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭

What's your opinion on studying in 5th year?. Is it good/bad?. Also what way do you think is the best way to study in 5th year?. Exam papers or questions from textbooks?.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

It's awful. Don't do it, you'll burn out by 6th year and be sick of it.

If you do insist on studying, only use exam papers. Textbook questions are, by and large, a waste of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

What's your opinion on studying in 5th year?. Is it good/bad?. Also what way do you think is the best way to study in 5th year?. Exam papers or questions from textbooks?.

Do your homework well and try your hardest for tests/exams. That's the best way to study during 5th year :).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Do your homework well and try your hardest for tests/exams. That's the best way to study during 5th year :).

That's what I'm doing... Homework and studying for class tests. (we usually have 1 or 2 per week though :/) That won't burn me out, will it? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Just Contribute

Make sure you know your 5th year material well. It should make life a lot easier in 6th year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

That's what I'm doing... Homework and studying for class tests. (we usually have 1 or 2 per week though :/) That won't burn me out, will it? :p

Didn't burn me out anyway! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I think I overdid the studying for the first half term. I was doing basically 3 hours a night with homework, and its too much. Bringing it down to 1h30-2hrs including homework until 2 weeks before the Christmas exams and then I'll bring it back up again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 muserock

I'm slightly lazy and only studied hwne I had a test in 5th year, I forgot a lot of stuff going into 6th year though, I'd recomend doing a decent bit but also find a balance with that and your social life

• Registered Users Posts: 42 mozzypuffs

As a sixth year myself, its not the studying i wish i did, but more of using exam paper questions from a chapter and then writing out a good answer! instead im doing it in sixth but i should only need to be learning now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Just steadily build yourself up. No point doing ridiculous amounts of hours in 5th year then giving up on bothering in 6th year. Just pay close attention to your homework and you'll be okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

I have to start studying for xmas tests next wednesday. :/

• Advertisement
Advertisement