Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

X-Box & Imagine WiMax

• 14-11-2010 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hey all,

I was looking for some advice regarding this.

In short the situation with Imagine is that they don't allow you to change any setting on your router. I rang them before and they turned off the the firewall on the router which seemed to appease the xbox when you do the network config test. How and ever, when playing some games like Halo it tells me that my NAT settings are not open and this may be affecting my online experience.

As I have to ring them and ask them to change the settings I was wondering simply what do I ask them to do for me when I ring them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Jericho. wrote: »
    Hey all,

I was looking for some advice regarding this.

In short the situation with Imagine is that they don't allow you to change any setting on your router. I rang them before and they turned off the the firewall on the router which seemed to appease the xbox when you do the network config test. How and ever, when playing some games like Halo it tells me that my NAT settings are not open and this may be affecting my online experience.

As I have to ring them and ask them to change the settings I was wondering simply what do I ask them to do for me when I ring them?

I don't know exactly what kind of router you have with WiMax but have you considered buying a router that you could upload your own linux firmware too? I bought a Linksys WRT54GL a while back and installed Tomato firmware on to it. Very customizable, allows to view traffic in real time, set up your own QoS to provide your xbox with priority over other connected devices and can easily open ports/DMZ for your xbox. Having full control over your router is very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Jericho.

I would love control over my router but alas with Imagine it's both a wireless receiver and a router in one. That eliminates that option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Jericho. wrote: »
    I would love control over my router but alas with Imagine it's both a wireless receiver and a router in one. That eliminates that option.

If they turned of all fire walls and opened up all ports etc, couldn't you then add another router to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Jericho.

They've just turned off the firewall, I don't think they've opened all the ports. They prevent you from making these changes, attaching another router doesn't sidestep the fact that only they can make the changes. It's very awkward and annoying to be honest.

Advertisement