Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O'Connell Street to Blackrock.

Options
  • 14-11-2010 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if there's a bus that goes from O'Connell Street to Blackrock? I've tried using the website but all it gives is bus routes, it doesn't tell you if the bus actually goes up O'Connell. I really couldn't be arsed getting the 46a to belfield and then the 17 as it usually takes a good 90 mins to 2 hours due to the uselessness of the 17 bus. Any help would be appreciated, thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

The 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 reel2real

Route 4 or 7 will take you to Frascati Road (get off just before the Superquinn)

Cost is 1.80

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Get the 4 or 7, both stop in Blackrock and leave from O'Connell Street.

Also, you should try and use the route planner on the Dublin Bus website, it gives more than just timetables. Check out the result here.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Route-Planner/Route-Planner-Map/?planchoice=0

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Thanks guys, does anyone know how frequent the 4 is and what the latest time I could get it on a Sunday is? Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Why not just get the DART? Tara St. station is close to O'Connell St.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

bnt wrote: »
    Why not just get the DART? Tara St. station is close to O'Connell St.

Because the bus is cheaper and more frequent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Fad wrote: »
    Because the bus is cheaper and more frequent?

The Dart would still be a better option than getting the 4 or 7 which come once an hour if you're lucky. Price wise yeah, the bus is better but not by much.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

The Dart would still be a better option than getting the 4 or 7 which come once an hour if you're lucky. Price wise yeah, the bus is better but not by much.

7 is every half hour afaik. Very reliable bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Fad wrote: »
    7 is every half hour afaik. Very reliable bus.

Ah I misread the timetable there :p. I still find the 4 fairly rubbish though, I'll take your word the 7 is reliable :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

The Dart is far more reliable than any bus to Blackrock. Would definitely agree with the Dart option.

Advertisement