Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turtles/Terapin Waters

Options
  • 14-11-2010 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

HI,

So my brother has to Terapins (? - about the size of a hands fully open hand, four years old)

They live in a water tank, he changed the water this morning before realising/remembering he ran out of clorine soluntion teh last time he chnaged the tank so now he has no chlorine to add to teh water (living in teh North Dublin area)

The local pet store is closed on a Sunday so - suggestion please? Are there any pet stores in north dublin that would be open on a Sunday (airside, blanchardstown?)

Or - any suggestions on what to do if we can not get chlorine? Leave in a basin, out of water until tomorrow or out in water anyway and get cholrine tomorrow (I'm thinkning the former) Any suggestion/recommendations welcome..... :-)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

shouldn't be a problem. Chlorine will rapidly escape from the water over a few minutes, for a large volume like the tank, over a few hours at most. It should be fine.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Let it sit for awhile and it will be grand

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Turtles are a lot less worried by chlorine than fish. I wouldn't worry about it unduly. Indeed for many turtle tanks out there chlorine might well be a good thing considering the hygiene of some.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Advertisement