Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a record?

Options
  • 14-11-2010 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭

This morning we had our first burst pipe of the winter.. Thankfully it is outside the wee pump house here, but the plumber cannot get until tomorrow so we are without water.

Glad we rent of course as the landlord has to deal with it..

Hoping that this is not a sign of things to come....;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Get the pipe wrapped!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭John mac

After last year i thought you would have got the pipes lagged!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

John mac wrote: »
    After last year i thought you would have got the pipes lagged!

Ah we moved house since then.. and this is the pipe leading from the spring to the pump house. A joint has sprung apart. Outdoors about 50 yds from the house itself. Old piping as the house was empty years. The landlord will sort it now thankfully. He is a decent man this time.

And we had no leaks all last winter...it certainly got us used to keeping water stored just in case. A good habit indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭Speak Now

I wonder how that pump house survived last winter :confused:
    Surely the landlord had the same issues back then if it happened last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I wonder how that pump house survived last winter :confused:
    Surely the landlord had the same issues back then if it happened last night.

Ah the house was empty, so presumably the water was turned off; the main switch is in there. They have cattle but they were safe indoors by then.

If he did have trouble he has not said anything.

They came today; the hose connecting the tap outside was rotted; around thirty/forty years old they said. That hard frost was the final straw it seems.

And they gutted the main room before we came and all is new in there now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement