Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer In Barcelona

• 14-11-2010 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭

So I'm heading with herself to Barcelona this week. I'm wondering if there is any special craft beers from here that I should keep an eye out for or any brew pubs in the city.

All tips welcome!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

There's an article on beer in Barcelona here. I quite like La Cervesera Artesana too. Of the mainstream local lagers, my favourite is Moritz. There's usually an interesting interenational selection to be found in Corte Inglés.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

BeerNut wrote: »
    There's an article on beer in Barcelona here. I quite like La Cervesera Artesana too. Of the mainstream local lagers, my favourite is Moritz. There's usually an interesting interenational selection to be found in Corte Inglés.

Top marks, exactly what I was looking for. I've just checked this bar on google maps and its not too far from our hotel. Brilliant. Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Well ended up in this bar the other night. Pleasant enough place and good selection of beers although a bit let down that the ale and stout that they brew themselves wasnt available. Ended up drinking their honey beer which I didnt like a first but acutally turned out ok after 2 pints. Drank Kwak and some German lagers to finish the night off

Pity the language barrier got in the way as I would have liked to talk to the staff about their selections but thats my fault for not learning Spanish!! Lovely cheese platters available also.

ps,,They REALLY REALLY REALLY hate Spain in this place.Dont make the same mistake as me and congratulate them on the World Cup!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

MANUTD99 wrote: »
    but thats my fault for not learning Spanish!!
    ps,,They REALLY REALLY REALLY hate Spain in this place.
    Sounds like you dodged a bullet then :) Learn Catalan instead (it's Spanish with more Xs).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Sounds like the bar I meant to visit one a trip over there a while back, I'm there early next year and intend to drop in. I'll also take a read of the links above so thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement