Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is included with free opticians eye exam with PRSI contributions??

• 14-11-2010 4:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

Im really unsure about what forum this should be on so apologies if Im totally wrong in sticking it in here!?!

Basically going for an eye test this week through my PRSI contributions.
    I want to have an idea of what I am going to have to pay, what extras wont be included in this free exam?
    Im sure Ill pay for my frames, but do I need to pay for the lenses too? Ive no idea how much lenses are or anything!
    Ill definitely need glasses as I have a pair for reading already but I got them about 7 years ago and can't remember how much they were!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Unfortunately PRSI contributions do sweet damn all for you anymore. You are entitled to an eye exam once every 2 years- that is it. You no longer get any allowance towards frames or lenses (unless you have a medical card), this benefit has been scrapped.

Dental benefits have also been revoked from PRSI contributors- once again you're entitled to a free examination- but no more polishes and no subsidised treatments......

At this stage PRSI rights are a bad joke :(

Advertisement