Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea V Sunderland [4:10 SS1]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

That Ashley Cole backpass was so shocking I nearly crashed my car

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Spineless performance by chelsea. Seems all the people handing them the title lately are going to have to re think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭talla10

Great win for Sunderland Chelsea were awful and now have FAI penalty shootout to look forward to!!!:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Is this the same Sunderland team that were lucky to get a point at the lane \o/

And that got demolished by Newcastle :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Paleface

iMuse wrote: »
    That Ashley Cole backpass was so shocking I nearly crashed my car

Were you shaking with rage??! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Goal attempts

Chelsea 9 - 17 Sunderland!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

This would not have happened under Jose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

its obvious ray wilkins has been the mastermind behind all of chelseas recent success!

Paleface wrote: »
    Were you shaking with rage??! :D
    Chelsea supporters are seething.

Just blow it up ref no need to play the 4 mins neither team would mind :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Shocking, only consolation is United are nearly as bad. It's going to be the exact same as last year, the team who are the least ****e will win the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

What a great day!:D Chelsea's goal difference taking a hit too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Johner wrote: »
    Shocking, only consolation is United are nearly as bad. It's going to be the exact same as last year, the team who are the least ****e will win the league.

At least they put up a fight. Chelsea quit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,379 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Always nice to see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

right

are Chelsea and Ancelotti finished....

well....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Great performance and well earned result.

Just listening and odds of 250-1 on a 0-3 win. nice.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

At least they put up a fight. Chelsea quit

Yeah Chelsea quit, great post. :rolleyes:

right

are Chelsea and Ancelotti finished....

well....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

PLEASE NO!!!!

And we all missed an oppertunity with Are Ray Wilkins and Chelsea finished!!!

Well done to Sunderland, came and played brilliant stuff. We miss Terry and Alex as a partnership, Ferriera is so bad it's not even funny, And the sooner Essien and Lampard are back to sort out the midfield the better.

Chelsea were just outplayed.

The Premier League has been the best league this year and there are very few teams who you would consider easy anymore. Sunderland are merely a reflection of just how strong the lower tier has become.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

So Chelsea sack Wilkins and then lose 3-0 at home to Sunderland, coincidence ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

I think that 4th spot is really up for grabs this season!

Sunderland, given that performance, might just be in the runnin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Zhirkov cannot play CM IMO, Ramires is not up to it yet and Mikel cannot create anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

pathetic performance, we looked like we could not have been bothered tbf. Well done sunderland

JPA wrote: »
    Zhirkov cannot play CM IMO, Ramires is not up to it yet and Mikel cannot create anything.

I actually thought the only player that came out of that game for us with any credit was Mikel.

Taking Malouda off when needing a couple of goals was baffling.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Well done to Sunderland, came and played brilliant stuff. We miss Terry and Alex as a partnership, Ferriera is so bad it's not even funny, And the sooner Essien and Lampard are back to sort out the midfield the better.

Well said Johner. I think Sunderland out fought and out played Chelsea today. Even when Terry and Alex are back i think they're one CB short.

Well done to Sunderland though, thoroughly deserved today after playing some great football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

How refreshing was that to see Sunderland go to Chelsea and play like that??!

Completely deserved that at the very least.

Game on now.

The fact that chelsea are still top despite losing twice in a week shows how piss poor arsenal and utd also are. Chelsea appear to be slightly less sh!t than them atm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Keys the muppet quoting odds to Merson :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Chelsea were just outplayed.

The Premier League has been the best league this year and there are very few teams who you would consider easy anymore. Sunderland are merely a reflection of just how strong the lower tier has become.

I personally think that the top teams have just gone down in ability as opposed to the rest of the EPL catching up on them . . .

United have been poor by their own standards all season with some shocking performances/results, yet they are only 3 points behind a team some were saying were a shoe in for the title.

Blackpool are mid table in the EPL with a squad that was expected to be relegated from the Championship last season . . Says it all for me . .

MUSEIST wrote: »
    The fact that chelsea are still top despite losing twice in a week shows how piss poor arsenal and utd also are. Chelsea appear to be slightly less sh!t than them atm

Chelsea should have been at least 6 points clear after Utd drawing twice in a week.

Utd are not great, but remain unbeaten - I look forward to when Utd start playing well.

Pressure is on Chelsea now - They had that coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭caffrey

fairly impressed with sunderland. Not too shocked though. I haven't been able to understand the way people have been going on about chelsea this season, saying they will win easily, they have dropped points against all the bigger clubs they have played so far, Villa, Man City, Liverpool and now sunderland. Admittedly they beat arsenal but they always seem to beat them physically. All in all this season is looking exciting, only 6 points between 18th and 5th!!

Manc-Red wrote: »
    Utd are not great, but remain unbeaten - I look forward to when Utd start playing well.

What good is unbeaten though when 7 of them have been draws? Chelsea can only get better when Lampard is back in the side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

United are a poor third at the moment. Their players are not as good as Chelsea or Arsenal and they dont have money to improve the squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

What a result.

With the way Man Utd have played this season we shouldn't really be thinking about a title challenge but with Rooney close to a return, I'm gonna remain optimistically giddy tonight.

• Advertisement

What good is unbeaten though when 7 of them have been draws? Chelsea can only get better when Lampard is back in the side.

Same can be said of utd though, missing many players. Think chelsea might have a defensive problem though, without terry/alex and even essien(he does a lot of buffering) they looked fairly dodgy at the back, at least one of these players are bound to be missing more this season

3 points down is why.

We're in prime position playing poor....

Not bad eh;)

3 points down is why.

Not bad eh;)

But chelsea are doing better despite being poor. Apart from the first few games chelsea have been poor for a while now. We can only get better when our midfield of lamps and essien return and our defence of jt and alex. There is some weird illusion out there that chelsea have played well this season, we have not. So I expect both chelsea and Utd to get better once Rooney, lamps, jt, alex and essien return.

3 points down is why.

Not bad eh;)

3 points down is why?

Exactly you are unbeaten but still 3 points behind the leaders and in 3rd position so unbeaten doesn't mean a thing, I'd rather be in our position at the top having lost 3 games then be in United's with all the draws.

Chelsea are playing poorly at the moment as well, I'm sure United will get better when some of their key players are back but I'm sure we will too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

thank you stevie bruce

• Advertisement

MUSEIST wrote: »
    But chelsea are doing better despite being poor. Apart from the first few games chelsea have been poor for a while now. We can only get better when our midfield of lamps and essien return and our defence of jt and alex. There is some weird illusion out there that chelsea have played well this season, we have not. So I expect both chelsea and Utd to get better once Rooney, lamps, jt, alex and essien return.

Fair shout....

Do think that the "weaker" sides have improved big-time.

Great season so far, The best has yet to come from Utd - I'm very surprised Chelsea haven't capitalized on our poor results.

They could pay for that.

caffrey wrote: »
    Same can be said of utd though, missing many players. Think chelsea might have a defensive problem though, without terry/alex and even essien(he does a lot of buffering) they looked fairly dodgy at the back, at least one of these players are bound to be missing more this season

Yeah as I said I'm sure United will start playing a lot better when Rooney and Valencia etc are back. Terry and Alex make a great partnership and when one of them is injured I think we can cope as Ivanovic is good enough to play there with either of them with Bosingwa coming into the RB, but as proved today without both Terry and Alex we will struggle big time as Paulo isn't good enough. But it's the same if United are missing Vidic and Ferdinand, most teams will struggle at the back with out their first choice pairing. Essien is a big miss as well but it's his own fault for the stupid tackle he made on Wednesday.

Fair shout....

Do think that the "weaker" sides have improved big-time.

Great season so far, The best has yet to come from Utd - I'm very surprised Chelsea haven't capitalized on our poor results.

They could pay for that.

Same thing happened last year. Whenever United drew or lost we would never capitalize, this season has that same feeling about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Yeah as I said I'm sure United will start playing a lot better when Rooney and Valencia etc are back. Terry and Alex make a great partnership and when one of them is injured I think we can cope as Ivanovic is good enough to play there with either of them with Bosingwa coming into the RB, but as proved today without both Terry and Alex we will struggle big time as Paulo isn't good enough. But it's the same if United are missing Vidic and Ferdinand, most teams will struggle at the back with out their first choice pairing. Essien is a big miss as well but it's his own fault for the stupid tackle he made on Wednesday.

Actually centre back depth I think Man Utd edge. I'd count Neville as our ferreira at centre back, and you would have Brown, Evans, Smalling and O'shea before you would get to him. Not saying we don't miss Vidic and Rio, but it's one area of the field I think we are well covered in.

Unearthly wrote: »
    Actually centre back depth I think Man Utd edge. I'd count Neville as our ferreira at centre back, and you would have Brown, Evans, Smalling and O'shea before you would get to him. Not saying we don't miss Vidic and Rio, but it's one area of the field I think we are well covered in.

Yeah I'd agree United definitely have better options to cope with the loss of Vidic/Ferdinand than we do with Terry/Alex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Absolutely dreadful performance today, we were non-existent.

Yeah I'd agree United definitely have better options to cope with the loss of Vidic/Ferdinand than we do with Terry/Alex.

I think we have fewer options in CM, essien and lamps out and you are struggling. I think without scholes and fletcher we would struggle bigtime!! carrick just can't hack it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Will Sky and co stop promoting Chelsea like their the Red Army marching through the PL now? The title is wide open.

The first time I start a match thread and this happens, never again, ever:mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Dreadful performance - It's as if no one wants to take a real lead at the top. Chelsea are not playing particularly well, are missing some of their top players and look where they are - it's hardly a bad place to be is it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement