Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to study for leaving cert irish? HL?

• 14-11-2010 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

hi!
    i want to do really well in irish like get an a1 or a2.
    my oral and aural will be fine because i've been to the gaeltacht loads and have a good ear for irish.
    i'm just wondering how i should study the stories, poems, an trial and essays for the exam. .
    thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

I think I'm in the same situation as yourself. I tried to study poetry today but I wasn't exactly sure what to do:o I don't want to learn off answers so I just tried to learn the main points/themes and I'll put them into proper sentences in the exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭doyler101

thanks! thats a good idea, i'll try do that too maybe :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

I find learning stuff off to be tedious. What I'm doing is just making sure I know themes etc. in general, and being sure I'm aware of the meadaracht and other stuff like that where necessary :). Write out short concise points rather than long sprawling paragraphs you won't remember.

As for An Triail, look at previous exam papers and you'll see the pattern of questions that have come up. Be sure you know the characters well, and if possible maybe draw out character sketches for each of the main characters if you haven't already done so :). They are incredibly useful when it comes to writing out answers.

Advertisement