Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site for newly available .com domains

Options
  • 14-11-2010 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Blacknight have a new site dropped.ie for newly available .ie domains. Does such a site exist for .com's?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

There's a few.. freshdrop I think is one, there's GoDaddy marketplace which I think includes such a thing.. Justdropped.com ?

I dunno, Google 'dropped domains' and you'll get a few...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

As Shzm said. The problem with .com is that you may not be able to grab valuable .com domains as they drop as many registrars have agreements with auction sites to shift expired domains to these sites so that they can be auctioned off. The old domain drop model hasn't really existed since the mid 2000s. There is a load of toxic (ex-PPC parked) domains being dropped at the moment so you might get what you want.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Why do you want a dropped domain anyway? They won't carry much favour in Google over a new domain anyway IMO. If you're wanting to get a headstart on ranking a site, there are plenty of places you can pick up an aged domain with links and PR already associated to it for $30 -$40.

Advertisement