Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

black ops and laser burn

• 14-11-2010 5:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭

its happened to my sons copy and they wouldnt exchange it in gamestop, so had to fork out another 55 EURO ,also i have two friends who have suffered same fate, my copy is fine so far i also installed it on harddrive, but now i remember the guy in gamestop trying to sell me laser burn warranty with the game for an extra 3.99 , is this some sort of scam. i mean if a large portion of the games are getting laser burn after a week or so isnt this a ms or game developer problem?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

design flaw in the early "fat" 360 and the new slims dvd drives especially the hitachis.
    ms wont take responsibility for it.
    they say you moved the console and its your fault thats why you get a sticker on the new consoles saying not to move the console when a disc is playing.
    keep the 360 on its side on a sturdy surface and you should be ok and just to make sure install to hdd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

It can't happen by accident. Something caused the disc/console to move. Unfortunately that means MS can't be held liable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

its a disgrace...bring it back in 2-3 weeks and trade it in. they wont test the game..never do in my local anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

in fact..if you have laser burn insurance on the new copy. bring the old disc back tell the guy it got burnt..get a full refund. they cant do anything. you just got to have the balls!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Nozebleed wrote: »
    in fact..if you have laser burn insurance on the new copy. bring the old disc back tell the guy it got burnt..get a full refund. they cant do anything. you just got to have the balls!

Insurance grants you a replacement, not a refund. Also OP, my local GameStop charges €1 for disc cover, something fishy with that €3.99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

Cover on the disk is 3e for a game over 30e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

Install the new disc to your sons hard drive and then see if it'll play the lazer burnt disc

It's hit or miss with this suggestion but it saved me buying a new Grand Theft Auto when my sister knocked over my 360

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

I did the same as the above poster, took a mates disc and installed it, used the wrecked disc to play it!

It just uses the bad disc for a sec or 2 to verify it then runs of the harddrive :) one note is it has to be installed on your console, ie, you can't just give your HDD to your mate to install it, u must have the console + hdd that it will be used on :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

HMV..only charge €1 for replacement disk cover regardless of cost..only found that out today so screw gamestop.

Advertisement