Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Break-Ins Portlaoise

Options
  • 14-11-2010 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Just been hearing about a lot of break-ins around lately. I live in Clonroosk Abbey and the show house had an attempted break in lastnight. My friend told me of a house in fairgreen being broke into last week.

So everyone just be vigilant and set your alarms every night. Theres been a few break ins in my estate in the past few months so i have ordered and alarm and luckily i've a big dog with a big bark.

but just thought id let everyone know

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭contentking

We've been hit a few weeks ago (estate on the mountmellick road) Some cash and a hand bag. F**king love to get my hands on them :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭adser53

Cheers for the warning. The cnuts always seem to be out more this time of year :(

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

Someone broke into jims country kitchen and the hairdresser next door this morning. Smashed The front windows and walked in.
    Also a gypsie was arrested today stealing from heatons. He had diamond studs in his ears and stuck his tounge out at me as he was led away. Gob****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Hi,

just a word of praise for Portlaoise Gardaí this week. We see plenty of thug Guards on telly lately unfortunately but we can forget the good ones too. I do sometimes.....

I rang them up and praised them because I use Emo and other places a lot and them stopping car break-ins (an insidious crime) is indeed a lovely Christmas gift to locals.

See http://www.leinsterexpress.ie/news/Car-theft-gang-stalled.6628440.jp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

Just said Id let ye all know, have heard of a King Charles, a husky and 3 pregnant German Shepherds going missing over the last while so keep your dogs inside at all times if possible. How someone steals 3 adult German Shepherds I dont know but someone is doing it.

• Advertisement

Thanks Vai, will keep 'em safe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 mrsk2010

LeahBaby wrote: »
    Just been hearing about a lot of break-ins around lately. I live in Clonroosk Abbey and the show house had an attempted break in lastnight. My friend told me of a house in fairgreen being broke into last week.

So everyone just be vigilant and set your alarms every night. Theres been a few break ins in my estate in the past few months so i have ordered and alarm and luckily i've a big dog with a big bark.

but just thought id let everyone know

I live in the same estate as you, thanks for the warning.
    Our dog was going mad the other night sent the hubby down to see what he was barking about, the dog was in the kitchen and had his head stuck out the blind on back door growling trying his best to get out side through the doors:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Its normally them. They take them to either breed them, fight them or as "bait" to train fighting dogs. Fcukers! I hope one of those poor dogs bites the balls of them.

Advertisement