Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft Developer Certification

Options
  • 14-11-2010 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Hi All.

I am considering becoming a MS certified developer. I have a lot of experience but it´s a mix of development, support, analysis and project management. I have decided that I want to concentrate on the technical side of things (development and architecture). I feel that becoming certified will help me into a more technical role. What do you think are the best exams to take?

I´d like to do this by myself at home. Is it possible to do this by buying a book or something and doing the exam in Microsoft at Dublin.

I´d like to hear other peoples experiences of going through the certification process

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I think there is books, but there's definitely lots of online study material available, usually as packs you pay for, but there's some free materials around if you look too.

IIRC you book the exams through Microsoft's site, but they're done in New Horizons near Abbey St in Dublin.

There's an IT Certification forum that could help a lot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭floyd333

stevenmu wrote: »
    I think there is books, but there's definitely lots of online study material available, usually as packs you pay for, but there's some free materials around if you look too.

IIRC you book the exams through Microsoft's site, but they're done in New Horizons near Abbey St in Dublin.

There's an IT Certification forum that could help a lot more.

Thanks stevenmu. I didn´t know there was a IT Certification forum. Boards.ie never ceases to amaze me:D Class Website. Could a Mod maybe move this thread to that forum?

Advertisement