Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debt vs. Savings (mortgage application)

Options
  • 14-11-2010 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

Hi all, im just wondering would my debt in the credit union matter if i was applying for a mortgage, even if the savings could cancel it out.

Eu 3000 debt
    Eu 3100 savings

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭dan_d

Yes it will, they take all loans into account.

Without meaning to be rude, 3100 eur probably won't be considered as much of a deposit - obviously depending on what you're looking to buy.

However, at the end of the day, all you can do is ask. So in answer to your question - yes, they will take your loan into account, as it's money out of your account every week/month to pay it off, and therefore less money available towards a mortgage.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭johnnyjb

dan_d wrote: »
    Yes it will, they take all loans into account.

Without meaning to be rude, 3100 eur probably won't be considered as much of a deposit - obviously depending on what you're looking to buy.

However, at the end of the day, all you can do is ask. So in answer to your question - yes, they will take your loan into account, as it's money out of your account every week/month to pay it off, and therefore less money available towards a mortgage.

Thanks but i must of confused you, the 3100 is savings in the credit union but is not the deposit amount. I will have the required 10% or whatever the bank deems neccassary.

This question was intended to be seperate to a mortgage deposit. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

As the savings cancel the loan, then it shouldn't be a problem. However, the bank will look more favourably at you having a good credit history, over someone who doesn't have a credit history.

Advertisement