Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor swindle ???

Options
  • 14-11-2010 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Recently left a 6 month old Nokia phone with Meteor for repair.They rejected warranty saying that the inner board was warped possibly as a result of a fall but could give no technical explanation,just an assumption as to my guilt.The phone belongs to my son and the truth is that he was texting before he went to bed,and the following morning the phone was dead!!!
    This is the fourth time Meteor have rejected a warranty repair in our household.

From speaking to other people I am convinced they do this on a regular basis cheating their customers ??.I think Meteor are taking advantage of their younger and more vulnerable customers.

Anyone else with the same problems ???
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,199 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

1doodie wrote: »

From speaking to other people I am convinced they do this on a regular basis cheating their customers ??.I think Meteor are taking advantage of their younger and more vulnerable customers.

I'd completely disagree with the other people you've been speaking to. Meteor want you to have a working phone and using credit. They do not want you to be buying a phone every other day as it costs them money as the phones are usually heavily discounted.

A warped board, could be from, a fall, sitting on it, basically any kind of a squeeze or knock. The phone could be working fine for months with a warped main board and then just stop. There's no way to say when your son done the damage.

It's not a conspiracy and it's not exclusive to Meteor.

You've posted in the wrong forum it should be over here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=411

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭KevArno

I fail to see what this has to do with Meteor. The warrenty repairs are carried out by MPRC on behalf of the manufacturers, not meteor. They are the ones that reject a repair.
    A little known fact is that every time a phone gets repaired for a customer, MPRC get paid by the manufacturers and charge Meteor nothing. If a repair is rejected, it costs Meteor about €20 per rejection. Meteor have no vested interest in you being without a phone, they want you texting and calling away and spending money with them, so maybe, just maybe the board was warped?! ;)

Advertisement