Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sound on PC

• 14-11-2010 8:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭

Hi,

On the desktop whenever I listen to Youtube, Music etc on the computer everyone sounds like cartoons.

Does anyone have any idea why this is? And if there's a way to fix it please?

It's an Acer computer.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Sounds like cartoons :confused::confused:

Can you elaborate? Or maybe take a copy of the sound a load it to youtube so that I can hear it...

Of the top of my head I would be thinking that you have unwittingly hit off some special effects.. which come with some modern configuration software...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Sorry, I cannot think of another way to describe it.:o

Can you tell me how I can record the sound please? As I haven't a clue (as you might have guessed, I am useless with computers:().

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
    you could download audacity and record it, then upload it to youtube or somewhere... When you say cartoon, is it higher pitched?

Have you looked at your soundcard settings.. should be an icon relating to it on the system tray on the bottom right... and check the cable connections..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
    you could download audacity and record it, then upload it to youtube or somewhere... When you say cartoon, is it higher pitched?

Have you looked at your soundcard settings.. should be an icon relating to it on the system tray on the bottom right... and check the cable connections..
    Hi,

I have tried to record the sound, but it doesn't work. Nothing records, all I get is a silent recording. Speakers don't work on this computer, so we have to use earphones/headphones. Could this be why? I tried recording both when headphones were plugged and unplugged from the computer, but all I got was a recording with no sound on it.

Yes, it is higher pitched. It's slightly squeaky.

Yes, I've looked at the sound card settings, but nothing changed. Just sometimes the volume was louder, but that's all.

Thanks for your help.

Advertisement