Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cb line off the south coast

• 14-11-2010 8:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭

I took these looking SSW from Cork Airport weather station around midday today. There were no other clouds in the sky, a beautiful calm morning, but these beauts stood to attention around 50-60 miles away, as can be seen from the sat pic for the time. The observer quoted their bases as 540m....not an easy feat from that distance!

I took a few photos of the weather station itself - right along the road at the entrance to the airport.

IMG_2426.JPG

IMG_2427.JPG

134809.png

IMG_2425.JPG

IMG_2419.JPG

IMG_2423.JPG

IMG_2421.JPG

IMG_2422.JPG

IMG_2424.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭John mac

Wonder if a waterpistol would reach the rain meter ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭dollydishmop

Su Campu wrote: »
    IMG_2427.JPG

Oh thank you, thank you SO much!

Driving on the N24 approx 4.30pm, between Clonmel & the M8 there was an enormous one of these off towards the south, didn't look too far away to be honest...with a smaller one behind it (or a same-size one further away, depending on your perspective I suppose :pac: ) the sun was setting behind them and they looked absolutely magnificent, almost "not of this world" in their appearance - I was absolutely raging that I didn't have a camera with me...really must join the 21st century and invest in a phone which does more than phonecalls haha!

I've no idea what their techy 'cloud name' is, but they looked like huge anvils to me!

If anyone was anywhere near Clonmel / N24 / M8 at approx the same time as me, you couldn't fail to have seen them, they utterly dominated the sky....fingers crossed someone got pics of them! Truly breath-taking with the low winter sun behind them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

John mac wrote: »
    Wonder if a waterpistol would reach the rain meter ;)

Down with that sort of thing. :mad:
    It's already bad enought that there are tarred paths inside the enclosure. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Danno wrote: »
    Down with that sort of thing. :mad:
    It's already bad enought that there are tarred paths inside the enclosure. :confused:

You mean like at the Belmullet station?

134929.png

...or Malin Head, with the building a few feet away? It seems very close?

134934.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Here's a hi-res MODIS image (1 pixel=250m) of the Cbs last Sunday, taken at exactly the time I took my photos.

135237.png

• Advertisement
Advertisement