Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

blackberry curve 8520 saying device is locked

Options
  • 14-11-2010 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭

hi my mrs 8520 is saying its locked, her wee cousin was playing doodle jump on it and says he just exited back to wallpaper and that came up, says he knows no password etc.

tells us we only have 10 times to try get it right before all data is lost and we;ve tried 7 passwords already.. she is freaking out as shes lots of pics of our baby son on it thats not backed up his first pic etc :/

any ideas how to remove this? its not an unblocking code like you can buy because we cant get access to the IEMI code or whatever its called

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Not good news, you should get onto blackberry support to see if they have a work around. Usually though if you don't know the code your in trouble as the phone will have to be wiped.
    Don't enter any more codes unless you know it's 100% correct. The young fella is the only one that knows it. Unless he remembers which they usually don't your screwed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Sparkpea

have been googling and checking support for past hr or so and not getting anywhere.. most talk about the actual unlocking code to make it Xnet or whatever but not this.. sigh.

fella says hes definitely not entered anything and his mum and dad have drilled him also.. although I have my doubts I guess i've to believe him cos I cant beat 7 bells outta him.

mrs can't believe it shes gutted was hoping someone on here might have some technical knowhow about these matters :s

• Registered Users Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

The 8520 comes with a 2gb SD card (at least mine did). Take it out before entering more codes, your pictures are most likely saved to the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Sparkpea

Bluefoam wrote: »
    The 8520 comes with a 2gb SD card (at least mine did). Take it out before entering more codes, your pictures are most likely saved to the card.

unfortunately not, took the card out and tried it in another phone and no photos. thanks though

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭boarder777

Hi try bbsak.org and let us know how you got on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement