Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a window & chimney cleaner

• 14-11-2010 8:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this was asked before but can anyone recommend a window cleaner and a chimney cleaner for a house in Ennis
    Want to get the house sorted out in advance of Christmas visitors

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Two chimney-sweeps recommended in this thread from September:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056037087

Best of luck with the search :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

Saw that but its a number off the paper not really a recommendation and I was hoping for a recommendation from someone who has used them
    I had the chimney cleaned last year by a guy advertising in the Champion and he left the house wrecked & covered in soot :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Carry

Got my chimney cleaned a few weeks ago. He left the place spotless, has a huge vacuum cleaner and covers everything around the fire place before brushing.
    Payed 50 Euro, his number: Pat 087 652 03 71

Carry wrote: »
    Got my chimney cleaned a few weeks ago. He left the place spotless, has a huge vacuum cleaner and covers everything around the fire place before brushing.
    Payed 50 Euro, his number: Pat 087 652 03 71

Brilliant thanks!

Don't suppose you know of a decent window cleaner as well? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Carry

Nah, wash my windows myself... :cool:

• Advertisement

Normally I would too
    But being 35 weeks pregnant has put a bit of a dampner on my cleaning frenzy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭banner gal

try ray larner from clarecastle, i use him he only does outside i do inside myself. squeaky clean 0879378051. not sure if he does inside. he does gutters aswell and very reasonable

banner gal wrote: »
    try ray larner from clarecastle, i use him he only does outside i do inside myself. squeaky clean 0879378051. not sure if he does inside. he does gutters aswell and very reasonable

Would you have a number for him?

I suppose the gutters should be looked at as well, my father will probably kill me for paying someone to clean the gutters but much as he would hate to hear it he's not a spring chicken anymore and the thoughts of him up the ladder messing with my guttering fills me with fear!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭banner gal

087 9378051 is his moblie i had that on my reply just didnt put the space inbetween 087 and number
    squeeky clean is is business name

banner gal wrote: »
    087 9378051 is his moblie i had that on my reply just didnt put the space inbetween 087 and number
    squeeky clean is is business name

Thanks
    I didn't spot it the first time :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 1_Tyreman

Hi,
    I would be very happy to recommend Sean oSullivan as a chimney sweep, last job he done he left the place cleaner than the way he found it, thought about asking him to clean the rest of the house too.
    He also charged 50 euros but I reckoned it was money well spent for the job he did. Next is his phone number which for the life of me I can't find now that I need it.
    Be back soon.
    Regards,
    Mike

PS He lives up by the golf club in Ennis.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

1_Tyreman wrote: »
    Hi,
    I would be very happy to recommend Sean oSullivan as a chimney sweep, last job he done he left the place cleaner than the way he found it, thought about asking him to clean the rest of the house too.
    He also charged 50 euros but I reckoned it was money well spent for the job he did. Next is his phone number which for the life of me I can't find now that I need it.
    Be back soon.
    Regards,
    Mike

PS He lives up by the golf club in Ennis.

+1 to that

Had a terrible experience with the last sweep, so got Sean's number out of the Champion after you posted this.
    He's just left and done an absolutely immaculate job - not only the chimney but the stove as well.
    Wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 1_Tyreman

Well, will you look at that the power of the tinternet, someone else found the man and used him and verified my recommendation of him. GREAT!

So its about time I got off my ass and put up the man's number so more of ye can see what he's like too.

Sean O Sullivan Chimney Sweep @ 086/2348174.

Oh, and no I'm not in any way related or connected to him only a customer.

Regards,

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

have you an idea of his rates?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

have you an idea of his rates?

I paid €45 for the chimney sweeping, worth every cent for the care he took though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

+1 to that

Had a terrible experience with the last sweep, so got Sean's number out of the Champion after you posted this.
    He's just left and done an absolutely immaculate job - not only the chimney but the stove as well.
    Wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.

How much for the chimney incl., stove?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 ITOne

I got chimney done a few weeks ago, can't remember his name,:rolleyes: just saved it in my phone as "chimney sweep" 087 1234502.

As for windows try Jon Kelly, Clever Cleaning 086 2264433.

Advertisement