Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What have i done???

• 14-11-2010 8:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭

I signed up to join the army and i think i signed up for the DFTC but i think i should have joined the western brigade........ what have i signed myself up for?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ArdMhacha

A bit longer to get home and a different flash on your shoulder if you get in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

I signed up to join the army and i think i signed up for the DFTC but i think i should have joined the western brigade........ what have i signed myself up for?

On day one of Recruit Training explain your case to the nearest NCO,
    He'll totally understand & try to help you out. :pac:

/runs off giggling :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

If you're lucky, you'll get posted to 1 Armoured Car Sqn., if you're not you'll end up as a cloud-puncher....bwa hahahaha

Edit - on a supportive note, unless you've been attested then you haven't signed up to anything, and if you have it's only about €50 to discharge yourself. TBH, I don't think it makes much difference which Bde. you're in, as long as you're in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭SIRREX

concussion wrote: »
    on a supportive note, unless you've been attested then you haven't signed up to anything, and if you have it's only about €50 to discharge yourself. TBH, I don't think it makes much difference which Bde. you're in, as long as you're in.

Nobody has been attested yet so it's only an application, but it does make a big difference which Bde you're in because the last few intakes of recruits, on completion of 3* course, have been followed by multiple transfer requests by the newly minted troops (in the west at least).

They, mostly, were in the same brigade as their homeplace, but a couple of years later very few have been succesful. So if you want to be close to home (it's usually to do with girlfriends and kids) you should at least try for your home brigade, or just go with it and make your home where the army sends you, it's they best way to go if you want to make a proper career of the DF

Advertisement