Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sign of the Times ?

• 14-11-2010 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭

This has appeared at the entrance to a local beach.

13112010290.jpg

Yes it's a big dog on a big sign having big pooh. I would loved to of heared the conversation between whoever ordered it & the signmaker !. The Tourists love it & keep taking photos !.

So what does it mean ?

No Dogs

Your Dog is not allowed to Pooh - God knows how you stop it !

You must clear up your Dog pooh

One German student was in raptures about the idea of "giant dogs ****ting on you in Ireland !"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

What happened to "Please clean up after your dog"
    Looks like a Boxer to me, maybe it mean's "no pooping boxers":p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭sligopark

Any signs there for horses?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Hilarious, it's like something you'd see on one of those funny signs websites! :D Please contact the council to actually find out what they mean by this and post it on here, I really am combuzzled by it?? How do they propose to stop dogs pooing on the beach? Maybe they want dog owners to attach one of those poop catchers like what they're trying to do in killarney with the horses?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭missloulou

sligopark wrote: »
    Any signs there for horses?

there wouldn't be, their waste is made of grains and grass, so it degrades easily, most horses are wormed regularly so you won't catch worms from it.

Dog are fed on meat based feeds and their poops can give very nasty infections so it should really be cleaned up asap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

missloulou wrote: »
    there wouldn't be, their waste is made of grains and grass, so it degrades easily, most horses are wormed regularly so you won't catch worms from it.

Dog are fed on meat based feeds and their poops can give very nasty infections so it should really be cleaned up asap

Horse poo carries it's own nasty bacteria, granted not as dangerous. Most dogs are regularily wormed too. Apart from the health implications the smell of it is rotten, and standing in it by accident is no more pleasant than standing in dog poo. It's hardly hygenic for children to be playing on a beach that is littered with horse poo, I wouldnt let mine play in a manure pile so why should my local beach be a manure pile for someone elses convience?

I think horse owners should be obliged by law to clean up after their animals too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭cianer

It's hardly hygenic for children to be playing on a beach that is littered with horse poo

Yeah, echo that. Would you be happy for your kid to play sandcastles with horse manure, missloulou?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

The local authority in Arklow provide plenty of bins for dog dirt yet there is still plenty of evidence that not all dog owners pick up after their dogs. It's a disgrace. I bring my dog down there on weekends as she loves to swim. It's not that difficult to clean up. Just bring a plastic bag people. There are other people and children using the beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

The joke is that there is one of these signs by the turning to the beach as well as this one. These signs are about 1 metre square !. I will write to the Council as I would love to know what they are supposed to mean. As my neighbour pointed out "that one is not in my Rules of the Road" !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    The local authority in Arklow provide plenty of bins for dog dirt yet there is still plenty of evidence that not all dog owners pick up after their dogs. It's a disgrace. I bring my dog down there on weekends as she loves to swim. It's not that difficult to clean up. Just bring a plastic bag people. There are other people and children using the beach.

You're right, dog owners should pick up after their dogs definitely. There is one dog bin on our local beach but no litter bins, so on a nice sunny day the poo bin is full of litter and no room to put the dog poo in.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭micheleabc

A sandwich degrades faster then horse poo, neverthless if I drop a sandwich I'm soiling and therefore subjet to be fined.
    Horse poo is soiling, you can find all the scientific justification that you like, that will never change the fact the poo is poo.
    Dog owners are discriminated toward horse owners and that is wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭micheleabc

most horses are wormed regularly so you won't catch worms from it.

And dogs aren't, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

When I walk my dogs tonight I will need a torch to avoid the cow pats all over the path. Maybe farmers need to clean up as well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭adser53

Is that dogs tail docked?! :D;)

Advertisement