Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Cisco 2425 won't connect until I do a ping

• 14-11-2010 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I hope someone can assist. I am using a laptop with a wi-fi connection and normally "sleep" the laptop when not in use. Every time I resume it, it connects to my UPC router perfectly but if I refresh any browser screens, it just will not connect.

However, if I open a dos screen and ping a public IP, it responds. If I then go back to the browser, I can look at anything.

Before pinging a public IP, I tried a url but no joy. Once I pinged a public IP, I could then ping a url no problem.

Any suggestions on what's happening or how to fix this ?

I still have my soon to be ceased Landline Broadband and never had any issues of this kind before.

EDIT: Pinging might just have been coincidential. It more seems that I have to wait a few minutes before being able to connect but can always ping immediately so sounds like some sort of DNS / authentication thing.

C

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 liamfoneill

Hi I can confirm I encounter the exact same problem - laptop wakes up from sleep seeming connects but i cannot browse web until i ping a public ip address. I have an acer aspire 5738 with a intel 5100 agn wifi card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Old thread, closed.
    Sticky thread for UPC modem queries.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement