Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good venue for a relaxed leaving party/meal

Options
  • 14-11-2010 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭

Hi, will be leaving my job in a few months, but the trouble is, I'm affiliated with two different departments (total approx 30 people) and the two different groups of people don't really know each other. One dept is quite big and we usually go out for a meal when someone leaves (always somewhere fancy and often pricey), while the other is only half the size but a lot more close-knit so we usually have a tea-and-cakes session, maybe followed by something a bit stronger! I'd feel bad asking them to come along and spend their hard earned cash on a fancy meal when we don't normally do that sort of thing.

I'm hoping someone can recommend an informal place to go and celebrate in the city, where we can all mix and importantly isn't that expensive. I can't think of anywhere. I don't really care if it's just a bar with finger food, but at the same time a decent feed might be a better idea if it turns into a late night!

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭jaysusake

The grafton lounge, Diceys garden, the sycamore club, 4 dame lane, the bank, the turks head to name but a few.... not sure what way the food works in any of these but im sure they all serve it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Flanagan on O'Connell street. They have a room down stairs which can cater to large group bookings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

thanks for the suggestions - all sound good. Flanagans sounds interesting alright, I pass it all the time but have never been in there

Advertisement