Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Thinking of buying this console, advice?

• 14-11-2010 9:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭

Hi, only have a few hours left on this deal, it's a refurbished 20gb model from gruupy, and they don't have all the specs up. Does anyone know if this model has wifi built in? Any other advice on the deal appreciated!

Here's the link...

http://www.gruupy.com/deals/89?locale=en

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

No built in wifi, and those models are the most prone to RROD (see the sticky), so you might be up **** creek without a paddle if it breaks.

Apart from that it seems like an OK deal...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Its an old model so no in-built wi-fi. Plus as a 20Gb probably several years old.

I would save the money and get a more recent model, either one of the older Elite models (usually black with a 250Gb Hradrive) or the newer slimline ones. You could get this home and have it RROD on you within a month if its old enough, and no idea if they offer a returns policy.

Better off to hit up GAME or gamestop and check for 2nd hand ones there, they offer a decent returns policy if things do go pear shaped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

Yea if I got a good deal on one of the new ones I'd go with that - I haven't seen the 250GB ones for less than €250, missed out on that €200 Argos deal :( Hope there'll be some good deals after Christmas! Where's usually best regarding prices or are they all the same?

I would also be afraid of the RROD problem with the older models so was a bit skeptical. thanks for advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

faigs wrote: »
    Yea if I got a good deal on one of the new ones I'd go with that - I haven't seen the 250GB ones for less than €250, missed out on that €200 Argos deal :( Hope there'll be some good deals after Christmas! Where's usually best regarding prices or are they all the same?

I would also be afraid of the RROD problem with the older models so was a bit skeptical. thanks for advice.

in you are interested in getting kinect you can get a bundle deal with the new console

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

"Why bother spending €200 on a new DVD player...."

Lawl. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement