Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wordpress Contact Form 7

Options
  • 14-11-2010 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭

How do i go about adding a contact form ive created in wordpress with Contact Form 7 to my website... so far i can only get it on my blog??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

You probably need to add this code to the page you want it to appear on:
    [contact-form 1 "Contact form 1"]

If it's not this, then you need to give us more info on the problem. Got a URL?

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭jetski

Trojan wrote: »
    You probably need to add this code to the page you want it to appear on:
    [contact-form 1 "Contact form 1"]

If it's not this, then you need to give us more info on the problem. Got a URL?

Hey, yes ive saved the changes and added the code but it doesnt work

I dont understand how my website page knows to look to the wordpress system for the form details?

should i have it linked like domain.com/blog/[code][contact-form 1 "Contact form 1"][/cod] or somthing?

Thanks for the reply

This is a self hosted wordpress.org installation, or is your blog on wordpress.com?

Assuming the self-hosted version, then you should just need to add that precise code [contact-form 1 "Contact form 1"] into the main body of the page, and save the page.

If that doesn't work, one thing you can try is to disable all other plugins except Contact Form 7, then refresh the page it should appear on. If that does work then you know there's a conflict with another plugin: turn them on one by one and refresh the page each time - when it breaks you've found the one that's causing the trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

jetski wrote: »
    I dont understand how my website page knows to look to the wordpress system for the form details?
    It sounds like your web site and blog are completely separate - with your blog using WordPress and your web site using something else (e.g. html).

You could move your web site into WordPress, creating WordPress Pages for your web site pages. Then your contact page would be just another WordPress Page.

In the meantime, you could create a Page in WordPress, add your contact form and then change the links on your web site to point to this new page.

Trojan wrote: »
    This is a self hosted wordpress.org installation, or is your blog on wordpress.com?

Assuming the self-hosted version, then you should just need to add that precise code [contact-form 1 "Contact form 1"] into the main body of the page, and save the page.

If that doesn't work, one thing you can try is to disable all other plugins except Contact Form 7, then refresh the page it should appear on. If that does work then you know there's a conflict with another plugin: turn them on one by one and refresh the page each time - when it breaks you've found the one that's causing the trouble.

Yes, its a self hosted install.
    i have added that peice of code but it does nothing expect display on the page.
    i dont understand how my site knows to look to the wordpress install just from a peice of code with no link reference!? will try the disable bit tonight. Tks

• Advertisement

daymobrew wrote: »
    It sounds like your web site and blog are completely separate - with your blog using WordPress and your web site using something else (e.g. html).

You could move your web site into WordPress, creating WordPress Pages for your web site pages. Then your contact page would be just another WordPress Page.

In the meantime, you could create a Page in WordPress, add your contact form and then change the links on your web site to point to this new page.

Yes they are completly seperate, site is using html/css

not sure about using wordpress to host, i believe that isnt great for google rankings... hmm

ill try the wordpress contact page this evening and see how it goes.

any ideas how much id pay to get someone to setup the contact page with a file upload option? also random code security feature?

Thanks again

not sure about using wordpress to host, i believe that isnt great for google rankings... hmm
    Not true.
    any ideas how much id pay to get someone to setup the contact page with a file upload option? also random code security feature?
    I think that CF7 has a captcha plugin that it works with. CF7 has a file upload option so it will be easy enough to implement.

Not true. I think that CF7 has a captcha plugin that it works with. CF7 has a file upload option so it will be easy enough to implement.

It does, I've used it on a couple of different sites. A little tricky to setup but works great.

However, I've changed position with regard to CAPTCHAs: I believe they're not worth the trouble they cause end users and I think website owners should absorb the hassle of spam filtering.

Not true. I think that CF7 has a captcha plugin that it works with. CF7 has a file upload option so it will be easy enough to implement.
    Really Simple Captcha (docs on the plugin).
    Docs on using file attachments.

Ive setup the reallysimplecaptca with no luck.

If anyone wants to set me up a contact form with the random code security feature and a file upload feature please get in touch.

• Advertisement

Ive setup the reallysimplecaptca with no luck.

If anyone wants to set me up a contact form with the random code security feature and a file upload feature please get in touch.
    What problems are you having?

I can set it up - I have it on my contact page.

hey,

I see yours, looks nice but its running from wordpress. i need mine running from my html/css only website.

The problem im having is i cant get the wordpress 7 form to work on a none wordpress page!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

It's a Wordpress plugin, it's most likely not going to work on a non-WP page.

i was coming to the conclusion tbh... although i didnt want to.

still looking for somone to set one up on my html page for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

That's what this thread is for.

Done.

Advertisement