Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Edge 705 speed/cadence sensor

• 14-11-2010 11:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,256 ✭✭✭

My garmin is only picking up the cadence signal from the speed/cadence sensor. Anyone else come across this? I'tried changing the battery but that made no difference. Is the sensor faulty?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

How old is it? My speed/cadence sensor completely died after only 6 months use. Changed battery and tried pairing it again but no good. I emailed Garmin and they replaced it under warranty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,256 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Cheers Jim. It's about a year old. Could u PM me the email address?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

I used the Email Support page on their website here: http://www.garmin.com/uk/support/email-support/ and got a reply within 24 hrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LastGasp

My new 705 seems to "forget" to navigate after a while when following a route. On the recent Dying Light Audax it navigated fine for 120kms, then just stopped beeping, or showing junctions. The comuter continued to record all stats, and there was a menu option to "stop navigation" so the unit still thought it was navigating.
    I tried the Garmin help desk and the only suggestion was to go online and check for updates, which I did. It didn't make any difference as I was on the latest version anyway.

Any ideas ? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭paddymacsporran

Re the cadence/speed sensor, I was on my third replacement under warranty from Garmin. When it failed I just gave up.

• Advertisement

TBH this is the first problem I've had with my 705. the unit itself is 2 years old and it's behaved perfectly. I've two speed/cadence sensors and the faulty one is actually the newest one. The one that came with the edge unit is working fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

Fresh battery?
    The only other time I had a problem with the speed sensor was after the magnet on the pedal took a knock and moved out of position vertically, the vertical alignment along the crank seems to be more important than the gap.

Just heard from Garmin. A new sensor is on its way! I bought the sensor from Wiggle in Sept 2009. I contacted both Garmin and Wiggle and BOTH were very helpfull and replied to my emails promptly.

Wiggle said they would replace the sensor if i returned the faulty one, while Garmin are simply sending out a replacement. All they asked for was a copy of the receipt.

Fingers crossed, the replacment sensor lasts a bit longer.

Thanks to all of you for all the replies.

Advertisement