Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent relief. Am I entitled to it?

Options
  • 14-11-2010 11:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if I can claim rent relief.

I am paying cash (€400/month) and although I have asked for receipts I have received none. I think I can claim but I'm not sure.

How much would I be intitled to does anyone know. I've been living here since Sept 1st 2010 however everyone else has been living here for the full year.

I am asking behalf of 4 flatmates.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Yes you are entitled to rent relief. Doesn't matter how you pay or whether you have receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

How would you go about claiming it? Any idea how much you would save? I pay 450pm at the mo..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

niallo24 wrote: »
    How would you go about claiming it? Any idea how much you would save? I pay 450pm at the mo..

There is a rent relief form on the revenue website

I just wasn't sure if I needed proof I've paid it.

Landlord is a miserable sort. He had 70 litres of oil put in the tank last week to do us for 6 months :mad:

They also want the cash under the table so he doesn't have to pay tax.

If I submit the form I presume that becomes their problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

this is a stupid question but can you get rent relief from the revenue and also get rent allowance.??:confused::confused:

just confusing as hell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭donegal11

if you were getting rent allowance you wouldn't be paying rent the state would and hence no relief. also if you where getting rent allowance its very unlikely that any income you earn would be taxed anyway and therefore relief would be pointless. thats my understanding anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

johnos1984 wrote: »
    He had 70 litres of oil put in the tank last week to do us for 6 months

Sorry for going off topic but what does your lease say regarding the oil? If oil is included in the rent I would hound LL to fill tank once it gets low [wouldn't wait till you run out or you might freeze before he refills] but if it's not included in the rent why is the LL filling the tank?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Landlord is a miserable sort. He had 70 litres of oil put in the tank last week to do us for 6 months :mad:

unless theres something in your lease about your heating being included your landlord is being generous here.

Normally the tennant pays for their own heating.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

actually now that I think about it this statement is bulls**t. Oil companies have minimum delivery amounts theres no way you had 70 litres delivered because no company in this country would do that.

if your going to come on asking questions at least tell the facts so you can get a proper answers based on the facts. This is either a serious exageration or a lie I know its was a secondary comment by you but still.

Advertisement