Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Broadband PPPoE

• 15-11-2010 12:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know the PPPoE username and password for Irish Broadband..

I'm on there connection in the college apartnmet and the information sheet that gave us was a disaster.. didn't include any details bar how to get internet explorer working :rolleyes:

Tried looking on irishbroadband's website to get it but it says it's given in the letter when you sign up :mad:

Anybody just happen to know what it is

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

Bitstream resellers tend to do Authendication by username & password rather than by Line [Hence you can take your Vodafone router & use it on an IBB/Imagine line]

You;ll need to call them & get the details

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭daffy_duc

IrishBroadband only use PPPoE on their resold Eircom DSL solutions.
    If you're on their fixed wireless (Breeze), they would have assigned you IP settings that you need to apply.
    If you're on Ripwave or WiMAX (Imagine WiMAX), you need to use DHCP.

I suggest you call customer support. If you don't know your settings, its the only way to find them (or look in the little install booklet the installer left behind, if you still have it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    I'm on there connection in the college apartnmet and the information sheet that gave us was a disaster.. didn't include any details bar how to get internet explorer working :rolleyes:

They won't give you access to anything on a student network. You can't contact IBB either, as you're not actually the customer. Student accommodation networks are always locked down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

jor el wrote: »
    They won't give you access to anything on a student network. You can't contact IBB either, as you're not actually the customer. Student accommodation networks are always locked down.

this is the problem - the connection isn't locked down or anything.. i can download torrents, access everything on the net.. i can get online on the ps3 but the connection dodgy...

They just gave us a modem and a leaflet saying how to work internet explorer with it - nothing else...

i just want the pppoe settings to enter into the ps3 manually to try to get it to work a bit more reliably...

I know well if i go into the office I'm not going to get anything from them because there clueless :mad:

I suppose I'd be best of just getting a router but if I can avoid it at all I would because I'm not exactly loaded with cash for a router :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

What type of a connection is this? Is it DSL over phone, wireless with an aerial (like Breeze) or just a little box (Ripwave or Imagine WiMax style)? Does the modem plug into a cable in the wall or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

jor el wrote: »
    What type of a connection is this? Is it DSL over phone, wireless with an aerial (like Breeze) or just a little box (Ripwave or Imagine WiMax style)? Does the modem plug into a cable in the wall or something?

phone line cable from wall into modem and then ethernet to laptop/ps3

works grand for the laptop but it keeps cutting out on the ps3 - dunno whether that's down to the ps3 itself or the network connection...

Advertisement