Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Critical approach of local businesses

Options
  • 15-11-2010 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭

I do not own a local business by the way ( and I mean that sincerely ) but cant help but think that the local towns critical approach to local businesses is the reason for their downfall.

Please be all means be critical to my own position upon this subject. I am not talking about critical on just the internet but also lets say amongst the chat on the street and in general. There seems to be an awful complaint and criticism of businesses on one side, and yet the same people who criticize them turn around when they close down, and say: ''awww isnt it a shame they closed down, whats this town coming to. Poor lads''.

I would rather encourage the business should it be a good one that promotes the health, safety, well being and pretty much does well in the town. but too often I see people dogging businesses that are doing well, spreading rumours about them and out of absolute selfishness or just to have a go.

whats your thoughts? am I wrong? could you perhaps pull me out of this false view I seem to have?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Batiste

Ya it's good to contribute to your town which is a good start

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

In part, I think that comes down to the begrudgery that's a huge part of Irish, especially around this area, attitudes. Local small businesses are set up by people who are motivated to succeed in life and want to make a name for themselves for the right reasons. Unfortunatly, this is often grounds for horrible abuse in Ireland.

Advertisement