Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Headstone Plants Help!

Options
  • 15-11-2010 1:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭

Hi

Looking for a bit of advice please....

I'd like to plant something nice for a grave. The headstone's got one of those troughs where it would be possible to fill in with compost and plant, but what? Fairly clueless here..:o

Ideally, I'd like something fairly hardy, colourful and doesn't need much looking after.

Any ideas/help advice welcome!

TIA:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,437 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Anything in a trough needs to be very hardy or you will have to go and water it every day in the summer. I would suggest that sempervivums and saxifrage (there are lots of varieties with different colour flowers, though mostly pink) would be the easiest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Great!! Thanks very much, I'll have a look now...

Obviously, it's too late to plant now, but I'll certainly get on the case in the spring.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,437 ✭✭✭✭looksee

No, they are hardy perrenials, you could plant them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

The mini sized daffodils/narcissi are good and come up year after year in the spring. Also the mini roses can be nice. :)

Advertisement