Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the most retarded thing you've done in your entire life?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Spuddy91

One christmas me and my sister got curious to what a present for me might be so I opened it and I thought it was a beaker with a drink in it. Turned out to be a bottle of bath stuff.

I was playing tip the can and I was nearly at the pole and I looked back and shouted haha you can't catch me and when I turned back around I hit the pole and got knocked out.

I went to the shop for tea bags and came back with firelighters

Also I was jumping around with a cushion in my hands watching gladiators and let the cushion slip into the fire and I calmly walked into my mama and dad and told them ......

Good times:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jskinner

Years ago, having p!ss up in my mates house when one of the girls passed out on the sofa. We all knew that she wore contact lenses and in those days sleeping with your contacts in was a big no-no. Like the good friends we were, myself and one of the other girls decide to save her from her drunken self and spent about 20 minutes prising her eyes open and poking around trying to take out her contacts for her (bearing in mind that we'd had about as much to drink as she had...). We couldn't find her contacts, got bored and just left her there thinking "it's her own fault anyway". Anyhoo, turns out that she had taken her contacts out earlier in anticipation of falling asleep......to this day she doesn't know that we nearly detached her retinas. With friends like us.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

going to college

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Well today I attached a file that made me look like an incestuous paedo!

That's fairly retarded!

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Rantan

That's fairly retarded!

gave me a good laugh though!....child abuser.....

retarded things...Back in the day of college fees in the early 90's my dad lodged half a years fees into my account and asked me to pay the college when they were due(yeah I know...maybe he should post here) anyway I spent every penny of it on booze and fags and never thought what would happen when the uni came knocking on his door a few months later looking for their dosh...money was tight and that really f**ed my folks up at the time...then a few months later me and my mates trashed a gaff and got sued by the landlord...I still shiver with guilt to this day...had an absolute f***in ball for those few months though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

I once complained to a security guard in a shop that the automatic doors weren't working and I couldnt get out - they weren't automatic doors :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

Ran through a porch door when I was nine.

Swear to god, those things need a safety smudge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Spades wrote: »
    its not causing any offence to me.

I find your username offensive and racist. Naming yourself after a bunch of tools. How could you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

That's fairly retarded!

You mean to say you attached a paedo file?

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Rantan

You mean to say you attached a paedo file?

take a bow..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Red_five

I voted yes to the 2nd Lisbon Treaty

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Got on a nightlink and woke up in the terminus to the sound of the engine turning off.

I was fairly well oiled at this stage but realised I needed to get off the bus pronto before I got locked into the garage.

I'd fallen asleep on my right leg and arm so when I went to stand I hit the deck.
    'Hello?'' I hear the bus driver call.
    In my mind I shouted 'Help' but I don't think it came out that way.

I got my my feet and managed to half fall down the stairs and out the bus door. Dragging my dead leg and arm along beside me.

I didn't get a good look at the drivers face but I can imagine his horror.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭LeeHoffmann

I once ran into a wall at full speed. Aged 16 playing a game of killer cricket. I must have been too focused on winning because I honestly didn't see that wall coming.

Me, my bro and my cousin used to take turns wrapping one of us in a duvet cover and throwing them down the stairs "for a laugh". That was pretty retarded. I was 12.

On several occasions, I've had to phone friends to ask them what year it is :o

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I got baptised once!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I got baptised once!

Jesus still loves you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Turned down sex to go for a jog once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

Turned down sex to go for a jog once.
    :eek::eek::eek:....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

Red_five wrote: »
    I voted yes to the 2nd Lisbon Treaty

.............AWKWARD!!

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

got drunk & texted my ex that I'm still hung up on looking for sex...and it's happened more than once :( should really delete his number, but I just can't make myself do it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

woke up late to go to work one morning with a chap beeping his horn outside to wake me up,so i lashed on my clothes,ran downstairs,grabbed a bottle of coke beside my keys and ran out the door.When i looked in my hand i realised i was the biggest idiot ever after picking up a bottle of coke and leaving my keys on the table locking myself out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

mariebeth wrote: »
    got drunk & texted my ex that I'm still hung up on looking for sex...and it's happened more than once :( should really delete his number, but I just can't make myself do it.

I know the feeling. :rolleyes: What are we like. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

When I was a teenager I was making guacamole with a one of those hand-held stick blenders. Noticed there was some stuck underneath the blades and went to scoop it out with my finger. The worst thing was, before I did it I thought "oh I should plug that out first, na, surely I wouldn't actually be stupid enough to press the button while I have my finger in there". I guess it was a case of "don't think of a big pink elephant".

Ick, those blades rotate, so I peeled the top of my finger in a kind of spiral thing down to the first knuckle. I was sure I'd actually taken the top of it off but thankfully I only pressed it for half a second or something. The weird thing was, my first thought was "well feck, now I can never be a hand model" :confused::confused::confused: I could be a cool scar-hand-slightly-wonky-fingernail model now though. And I still like guacamole, ruined it for my mother though.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Ave Nocturna

When I was a teenager I was making guacamole with a one of those hand-held stick blenders. Noticed there was some stuck underneath the blades and went to scoop it out with my finger. The worst thing was, before I did it I thought "oh I should plug that out first, na, surely I wouldn't actually be stupid enough to press the button while I have my finger in there". I guess it was a case of "don't think of a big pink elephant".

Ick, those blades rotate, so I peeled the top of my finger in a kind of spiral thing down to the first knuckle. I was sure I'd actually taken the top of it off but thankfully I only pressed it for half a second or something. The weird thing was, my first thought was "well feck, now I can never be a hand model" :confused::confused::confused: I could be a cool scar-hand-slightly-wonky-fingernail model now though. And I still like guacamole, ruined it for my mother though.

Bwahaha, I love it. The irrelevant thoughts that go through someone's head at the most inappropriate times! Makes me wonder... When people say "I wonder what was going through his head before he died" for example. It's probably the most random thought going.

I have done stupid things but 'retarded'? How does someone do something... retarded?!

I did drink Dettol surface cleaner by mistake. It was late and I was half asleep. Didn't drink enough for it to affect me but the taste is something I couldn't shave off my tongue if I tried

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Wetai

A) Stuck my fingers into a desk lamp, where the bulb goes in, while it was switched on. Was like Thump-thump-thump-thump.. on my fingers :x.
    B) When randomly getting rid of crap in the presses, by putting them in the fire - I put sugar in, while taking some of it out with the poker, i dripped some on my hand - and picked the scar off. It made a sorta eye-shaped scar. When I make a fist, and move my thumb, it makes a talking face type thing.
    C) Pick a LOT of scabs - thus, scars.
    D) While in primary school, we used to run from the doors (which are glass with the thin wire grid inside, at the front of the school) to the grass, and back, finishing when we hit into the doors. I ran into it and chipped my top centre-right [i.e. the one the right-hand-side of the two middle ones] incisor. BARELY missed the nerve. Got a cap eventually at the dentist. Due to me never brushing my teeth for ages, when I finally did, it came off. :o
    E) Haven't brushed my teeth for YEARS (like, an amount that isn't even funny - like 8+ years, probably 10 at this stage) until very recently - Always found it too much of an effort. Luckily none of my teeth have rotten, wisdom teeth are actually growing, and none have fallen out (yet), or had to be pulled. *Touch Wood*

I'm an idiot :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Well, back when I was like 14 my friends and I thought it would be a deadly idea to get pissed off our minds. So we got these lads to buy us like 2 massive bottles of vodka. We went down to the river side and began drinking away. Me being the cool hardy lad I am, I fooking downed like half the bottle raw in 10 mins. Yeah I became extremely messy, I remember just being an idiot for the first short while, then things started to get hazy.

After that I remember being carried by my two other friends along the river side, next thing I remember running along the side of a road while my two friends chased me, one of them grabbed me and told me to calm the f**k down. I boxed his square in the face and ripped the bottle of vodka from his had and ran away with it again.

Another blackout, next thing I remember is being along side another road strewn over my friends shoulders, some old lady asked "is he alright" and cars were beeping and "whaaaay'ing" as they passed.

Then, suddenly Im in my friends house, sitting on the toilet. I fall sideways, knocking the entire toilet off the wall somehow :confused:. To which my friends bust in and pull up my piss soaked pants, boxers and tidy me up etc.

Black out again. Next, I am screaming my head off at the top of my voice "SOMEONE CALL AN AMBULANCE!!! CALL 911 CALL 911!! IM DYING!!!! AAAAAAAH" Friends not impressed, trying to calm me.

Then I'm sitting in the back of my mothers car puke everywhere, and my mother is roaring something at me.

Outside the back door of my house, parents trying to drag my inside, again I begin screaming "HEEEELPPP HEEEELP I NEED AN AMBULANCE HEEEEELLLP". I think its time I note that I was in great pain at this stage, not that I remember much of it, I just remember feeling an extremely bad pain.

My little 7 year old brother asking "whats wrong?" to which my parents replying "oh he's just a little bit sick".

Thats the last thing I really remember, from what I was told I was put on the couch in the spare room, and I puked many times nearly choking myself to death. I awoke in the morning in my bedroom.

Walked down, hardly remembering what happened last night, but I knew it was terrible. Shamefully walked in the kitchen, parents not impressed. They made me clean out the car until the smell and look of sick was gone. Then I was made wash my puke stained clothes in the reeds next to my house. I was banned from going to the upcoming concert, which I paid €80 for.

I looked at my phone and I got a message from someone saying "Are you selling that concert ticket?". I deleted it in a blind fit of embarrassment and anger, I didn't know who it was from. My money down the drain.

My mother had documented the entire trip home on her camera, and made me look at every photo. and apparently she said some really nasty stuff to me in front of my friends. I told them I don't want to know, and I still don't.

Im now 19, and I think its one of the most retarded things I have ever done. not only did I have to put my friends through that shíte, but my friends family saw. I ****ed up their toilet, dragged through have of the town and laughed at by everyone who heard about it.

Even to this day I still get the piss taken out of me by all, but I take it good. Its quite funny whenever I'm with my parents and I get a beer or something and they say "oh drinking are we? CALL 911 AAAH AAAAH". I just smile and shake my head. Oh, and ever since I wont drink much or any spirits because the horrid taste of vodka looms in my mouth since that day and seems 100 times worse.

Oh and I pissed myself like 3 times during this ordeal :o

Fairplay to my good friends for not abandoning me. Helping me all the way and calling my parents. They weren't too bothered over it at all the following day. Thank jaysus they didn't let me get on the train which I was supposed to be taking home. I have visions of me being cuffed at the last stop, Waterford train station and shoved into the back of a garda van.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

LiamN wrote: »
    E) Haven't brushed my teeth for YEARS (like, an amount that isn't even funny - like 8+ years, probably 10 at this stage) until very recently - Always found it too much of an effort. Luckily none of my teeth have rotten, wisdom teeth are actually growing, and none have fallen out (yet), or had to be pulled. *Touch Wood*

I'm an idiot :rolleyes:

That's not retarded that's just disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Wetai

qz wrote: »
    That's not retarded that's just disgusting.
    :o
    I guess it's mostly because of my being young and thinking "what's the point in the effort", and retarded that I thought so.
    I guess it's a good thing I don't smoke, drink coffee, drink (which doesn't contribute as much) - so nothing of the really staining stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭LeeHoffmann

The irrelevant thoughts that go through someone's head at the most inappropriate times! Makes me wonder... When people say "I wonder what was going through his head before he died" for example. It's probably the most random thought going.
    Yeah I'd love to know what some of those Darwin Awards people were thinking right before. My own random thought moment occurred when I was driving with my boyfriend and his sister on an icy M1. My boyfriend lost control of the car after he tried to brake. I knew we were gonna crash. Now, we'd just been to the drive through at McDonalds in Santry and I had a milkshake in my hand. My first thought was that I was gonna spill my milkshake - only then did it occur to me that I was in greater danger as I wasn't wearing a seatbelt! d'oh!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Jackanackanory

At a bring your own wine restaurant, I called the waitress to ask her to open my wine bottle. While she was opening it, I asked about the specials, much to my friends' amusement. It was only when she was gone I realised why they were laughing. It was a screw cap wine bottle! I suppose she thought I'd be asking her back to cut up my dinner!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Most embarrassing moment of my life...

Was in a drama class once with this girl I quite liked as a teenager. Anyway, I sit down and after a few moment she sits down beside me. I had my arm on the back of the seat when she sat down so now it's like I've got my arm near her. Feeling all cool and manly and flustered so just sit there smiling.

Anyway, a few minutes later I stand up and realise I'm sitting on something. Realise I had plonked my ass down on a petition she was asking people to sign and she had sat down beside me to try and get it without actually saying "Oi, fatass, get up." Making it worse, cause I had been shuffling a bit closer to her when she sat down, I kind of destroyed the petition thingy as well, crumppling up the sheets and ripping some of them.

Even to this day, I shudder when I think of it. Was so stupid and embarrassing cause I probably came off as a sleezy idiot...

Advertisement