Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the most retarded thing you've done in your entire life?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,434 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Dear ALL,
    (other than just earlier today when I realised that the chicken eggs we eat are actually unfertilised eggs and the yolk of the egg doesn't actually contain small chicken fetii/ fetuses).
    Regards,

The yolk of the egg isn't where the chick grows anyway. The yolk is used by the chick as an energy source. The chick grows in the white. Some eggs can be fertilised, they're perfectly okay to eat as long as they haven't been set by the hen.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Sober:
    Stuck my finger into a chip-pan to see if the oil was hot enough. - the bubbling and steam wasnt enough of a sign.

Did something similar with a car cigarette lighter when I was younger. It popped out but wasn't red, so I decided it would be best to use my finger as a tester. Bad idea :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

ah yeah the ould stick yer finger in said dangerous thing n see what happens.

- light socket.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭ismiseuisce

When I was young I touched a nearly 500 year old Titian painting in the National Gallery with my grubby little child hands. The texture of the oil paint looked really interesting to me and I just wanted to feel it. Needless to say, we got kicked out...

In my first ever job I got sh*tfaced drunk during my break and then sat on the floor laughing in front of customers. I was fired straight away...

I once walked straight into David Norris in Trinity and nearly knocked him over. When I looked up and realized who it was, I was so shocked that I stared at him silently... AWKWARD...

In school we used to rig each other's study desks so whenever someone put their books down, the desk would collapse. I once sat on a rigged desk in a room full of around 200 students. The bang was huge, my face went bright red and my arse was sore for weeks! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭upandcumming

We have a wall grinder in the shed. My old man turned it off when he was finished with it, but it still spins until slows to a stop.
    He walked away from it and it still spinning... I couldn't believe that this was happening and that I better stop this travesty.
    I put my finger up and touched it. Queue blood all over, on the walls, on my face, on the grinder all over the place.
    Gahhhh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

I grew up in Dublin and when I was only 5 or 6 I was not familar with nettles... I was in the countryside with my cousins when one of them dared me to jump into a bush full of them, when I was inside the nettle bush I still didn't know what was going on in terms of the pain I was feeling and the bumps that were growing on my body, I cried home to mammy that day :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,458 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

poked a bear to see if it was asleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

Went to Amsterdam years ago bought some pills to make sure id be "up for some action" with the red light window ladies, was just a backup plan...

The instructions on the packet were in dutch or german and very small. So i thought after 30 mins that they werent working, so i took another one.

One hour later my heart was poundiing, my hand shaking i could hold the pint in my hand and then i puked..in a crowded bar knowing 10 seconds earlier there was no way i was going to make it to the toilet as it was downstairs and there were loads of people in the way.

Somehow i managed to avoid pukiing on anyone! Ran to the toilet hid there in shame for 20mins till the manager turned up. I was asked to leave which tbh didnt need to be asked lol.

As i left the toilet the attendent stopped me, and asked me for 1 Euro...after me puking my guts up even more in the toilet cubicle, which was nice..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Dear ALL,

Now I'm not going to start this thread by giving an account of something retarded I may have done in the past because, quite frankly, I'm a very boring human being with a very bland lifestyle (other than just earlier today when I realised that the chicken eggs we eat are actually unfertilised eggs and the yolk of the egg doesn't actually contain small chicken fetii/ fetuses). Anyway, to continue with the initiation of this most retarded thread, which possible has been created many times before, please give us a splendorous account of the most retarded thing you had the misfortune of doing in your entire life.

Regards,

KP.

Not a very nice or PC title to this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

AnneFrank wrote: »

:eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

if your looking for political correctness, go somewhere else!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

FatherLen wrote: »
    if your looking for political correctness, go somewhere else!

Especially with a name like Anne Frank!

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭alphabeat

aged 6 on a hot summers day
    fell off my push bike , while wearing only swim shorts

into a massive nettle bed .

oh, fun times

its way worse than you think it will feel like .

• Registered Users Posts: 33,579 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I spent about an hour trying to figure out how to turn on predictive text on a phone which had a full keyboard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Demonique wrote: »
    I love how un-PC boards is, on LiveJournal you'd have been dogpiled for using the word 'retarded' (Apparently 'moron' is out too)

yeah ive seen people ripped new ones on LJ for that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

I grew up in Dublin and when I was only 5 or 6 I was not familar with nettles... I was in the countryside with my cousins when one of them dared me to jump into a bush full of them, when I was inside the nettle bush I still didn't know what was going on in terms of the pain I was feeling and the bumps that were growing on my body, I cried home to mammy that day :o

That reminds me back when we lived in England, during a summer a bunch of us bet one of my bothers to run down a hill that was covered in nettle bushes for £1...he did it :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Get back in the attic and know your place.

Get back in the attic and know your place.

wow how original and funny...........not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Beetlebum

And I suppose saying 'not' is cutting edge humour?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

If you're sick of the response change the username. Again, I'm sorry about saying that last week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭AntiMatter

Anne frankly, you shouldn't stand for it.

If you're sick of the response change the username. Again, I'm sorry about saying that last week.

Well it is my name Jim odd as it is !And no worries about last week but i do think using the word retarded is in very bad taste in the thread title,there is so many other words that could have been used without causing offence,i'm sure the OP didnt intend to do so,but it will

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Spades

Well it is my name Jim odd as it is !And no worries about last week but i do think using the word retarded is in very bad taste in the thread title,there is so many other words that could have been used without causing offence,i'm sure the OP didnt intend to do so,but it will

its not causing any offence to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

When I was about 7 or 8 years old I ran full force into a glass sliding door thinking it was open. Bust my nose and cried like a girl.

My grandmother put stickers on the door after that day so slow people like me would never be fooled again.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭encyclopedia

Spades wrote: »

Have you got a disability

Very good thread but slightly distasteful term

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

extremely hot climate. wearing t-shirt and shorts. no suncream.

do the maths.

Have you got a disability

Very good thread but slightly distasteful term

my thoughts exactly,another word could easily have been used,good thread though and funny too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Spades wrote: »

Well I have a brother with Downs Syndrome and I find the thread title offensive, and I'm sure many other people do that knows anyone with a disability, be it physical or mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

I grew up on a farm so most of my stupid stories revolve around that.

We have these large water troughs for the cows placed under electric fences so they are accessible from both sides and we used to throw large rocks into them. After a while all the larger rocks were in the trough so I decided to fish a few out, put both my arms into the trough and then proceded to touch my head off the wire.

I was once cleaning up the milking machine and decided to see what would happen if I added a little bit of washing up liquid to the water used. Turns out what happens is a whole lot of froth is generated before the whole thing becomes flooded. Had to wait till the bubbles burst before I could clean it out.

I was convinced that the shampoo brand wash n'go were litteral instructions, as in no need to rinse. I convinced my mom as well and she was walking around the house with her hair full of suds for about an hour.

I was convinced for years when I was young that I was older than my sister because my birthday came earlier in the year.

I was cycling into work one morning when it was raining and I had a hood on which kept on blowing off because of the wind. So I pulled the hood as low as possible to try and keep dry, turned a corner and slamed directly into the back of a parked car.

Once I left my bicycle in UCC while I went out drinking, after I decided to cycle home so I hoped the fence to get my bike out. Anyway a security guard came over to me while I was meandering over and said he was meant to take my student ID off me but he will let me off this once. Being a reasonable drunk I spent about 10 minutes trying to get him to take my ID so that he wouldn't get in trouble for letting me go.

Thats just the stuff I'm not embarrassed to admit on a public internet forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

FFS the PC brigade is about. :rolleyes:

Advertisement