Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I really miss crisps

Options
  • 15-11-2010 7:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭

I've even began to have dreams where I'm eating tayto cheese and onion crisps. Why doesn't Australia do crisps? Apart from those big massive bags of kettle crisps and the like. Someone could make a bomb opening a shop which sold proper crisps.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Send me 70 euro by paypal and i'll send you a box of tayto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭gonedrinking

tempting but no deal

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭myhorse

you can find them around (tayto).
    even see the tayto mascot on stickers in shop windows (talking sydney).
    Can even get them in the merc in the rocks from behind the bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Yeah few places around sell tayto. 2.50a pack though. There's a little shop in bondi junction that sells all Irish stuff. Very dear though. What i want is decent sausages. Got some so called Irish sausages in butcher near woolworths in coogee but they were muck :(

I don't think anywhere in Melbourne sells them though

• Advertisement

Slunk wrote: »
    Yeah few places around sell tayto. 2.50a pack though. There's a little shop in bondi junction that sells all Irish stuff. Very dear though. What i want is decent sausages. Got some so called Irish sausages in butcher near woolworths in coogee but they were muck :(

imported niche product will always hit the pocket.

There is a few of the "irish sausages" places about but are all pretty much false. Back in the 90's there was one guy who was constantly opening places and closing them as soon as the word got out they were rubbish (did uk pork products as well so conned them too).

Not sure if it's actually possible to import Irish sausages here? (anyone know?)

google Melbourne tayto. seems to be a few places

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Perthboy

Ah you poor thing, do you miss your Mammy as well.

of course I do, what sort of a question is that?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Perthboy wrote: »
    Ah you poor thing, do you miss your Mammy as well.

MOD This is your first post and you slag someone off?
    No more please, there is nothing wrong with missing pieces of home

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 101 ✭✭catlovesmike

That's so funny Im an Aussie living in Dublin missing my twisties and cheezels, and ur in my neck of the woods missing tayto. I feel your pain! I suggest doing what i do every Christmas / birthday and telling relatives to send a big box of all your faves!! As for sausages I think we have pretty good butchers there so try them instead of the supermarket?
    Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Next week when I get the time I will destroy a big pack of Chicken twisties for you...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

You can get the Northern Tayto delivered to Australia from the factory.

www.tayto.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

There's a few sites that deliver - celtickoala.com.au and tasteireland.com.au. They do king crisps and wispas too!!!!

of course I do, what sort of a question is that?!

good response. You'll be right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

The Pint on Punt sells them, decent boozer as well

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Skittlebrau

So does The Drunken Poet on Peel Street (and they have King too).

Best Irish pub in Melbourne imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭jack in the box

Hmmm $2.50 for a packet in melbourne ...get family to send them you over some, seems to be the cheapest option:D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

The ma sent me over four or five packets of Tayto about three months ago and I haven't touched them. Overrated tbh.

Willing to sell to the highest bidder.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,354 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Seriously, for those that are missing them, have you actually looked at all?
    I know of 5 or so pubs and at least 3 shops that sell them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Rebel Boy

I'm in Finders Station backpackers in Melbourne city at the moment and they sell tayto in a vending machiene here. V expensive tho. Nearly close to $4 a pack

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Slunk wrote: »
    Got some so called Irish sausages in butcher near woolworths in coogee but they were muck :(

So they tasted like the genuine article then? :D

It must be what you were used to when you were young. I tried Tayto when in Ireland and could not see what the fuss was about, they were just ordinary crisps nothing special.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

Now again before anyone says any thing I don't have any thing to do with these guys so i'm not advertsing

tasteireland%20banner.jpg

But these guys have Tayto Cheese & Onion for Cost: $1.98 with Delivery Australia wide.

Hope this helps

Al

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

tried out that KelticKoala Shop in Brisbane

300 Lutwyche Rd
    Windsor

got some Crisps and some Yorkiebars etc, They also take requests so I have asked for

Erin Curry sauce
    Chef Ketchup
    Silvermints
    Tayto Smokey Bacon

But if anyone wants stuff like that in BNE its a good startin point

As for Sausages,
    My Mate Quentin in Lutwyche is an excellent Butcher

The Meat Man
    Lutwyche Shopping centre

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

I'm in Berri, SA right now.

We just received a Christmas package including three packets of King crisps and I just ate one of them. It was awesome. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

try the coles pork chipolata's , they are a decent replacement for irish sausages , they are not the same so dont think that they are gonna be, but if you are looking for something to add to the fry on a sunday morning then give em a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭man1

daftdave wrote: »
    try the coles pork chipolata's , they are a decent replacement for irish sausages .

not really, didn't like them myself.
    There is a butchers in penrith outside sydney called the "irish butcher" his sausages are great, he used to be a butcher in Raheny for years and moved out here to set up a few years back, he even does proper irish rashers (just had some with eggs this morning..mmmmm!!!), black and white pudding, sliced cooked ham etc.. he also has a little stand in his shop with gravy, tayto, teabags etc
    He supplies all the irish pubs around sydney and even one or two up in brisbane with their sausages etc
    He is also the main meat supplier for tasteireland.com.au
    He delivers too.
    You have to try the sausages they are fantastic.
    I saw his ad in the irishecho a few months back and gave them a try, now when i go there, i have to get loads of stuff for all the irish around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lenoude

when i was in melbourne i used to go to a shop on the first floor of the collins234 shopping centre, on collins street. its nearby the tram stop at town hall if i remember right. they have practically everything. mainly have english stuff but its all stuff you'd buy at home anyway, but there is an irish section with lyons, chef sauce and taytos from the north. hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Warringah Mall near Manly have a good butchers
    sells B&W pudding, pork sausages too

Glebe (broadway) & Marrickville have decent pork sausages too

David Jones in city have good ones but pretty pricey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭ifumust82

Taste Ireland have a lot of stuff and they have a guy who makes Irish Pork sausages that are pretty good. In fact I only bough some earlier on today,their warehouse is near where I work ;)

Advertisement