Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa Documentation Necessary?

Options
  • 15-11-2010 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

I'm flying home for Christmas, and coming back after 3 weeks.

I'm currently on my first year WHV, and I was just wondering is it normal to not receive any documentation as proof of your visa? I didn't get any, so I'm just assuming it's done digitally through your passport now! I want to make sure I have everything in order when I leave/come back so I don't get stuck with questions from border security or anything!

*Edit* I forgot to add, I do have an email print-out saying I was granted my visa but it wasn't needed when I arrived here. I'm basically just wondering has anyone ever been asked to provide documentation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Yeah it should just show on your passport. They scanned my passport in heathrow and nothing showed. Had the email print out and they typed the number from that in and it was ok. The gf had no probs. Just scanned passport and it showed so you will be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

When you apply any more for visa you don't get any paper to say you have it . It's all recorded againist your passport so as soon as they scan it it'll show them what visa you have and how long you have left .

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭WopTittyPop

Yeah I figured it was all done digitally!

Nice one lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 am_sunny

I see your coming home for 3 weeks. Is this the time limit you can come home for?
    Going over to Oz in January and need to come home in July for 5 weeks. Emailed USIT but they just confused me even more!! Something about how i'm only covered by insurance for 3 weeks but just want to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭padrepio

I'm flying home for Christmas, and coming back after 3 weeks.

I'm currently on my first year WHV, and I was just wondering is it normal to not receive any documentation as proof of your visa? I didn't get any, so I'm just assuming it's done digitally through your passport now! I want to make sure I have everything in order when I leave/come back so I don't get stuck with questions from border security or anything!

*Edit* I forgot to add, I do have an email print-out saying I was granted my visa but it wasn't needed when I arrived here. I'm basically just wondering has anyone ever been asked to provide documentation?

if you want a print out of your actual visa go onto http://www.immi.gov.au/managing-australias-borders/compliance/working-legally/evo-for-visa-holders.htm and enter the TRN quoted in your email print out confirming your visa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭WopTittyPop

am_sunny wrote: »
    I see your coming home for 3 weeks. Is this the time limit you can come home for?
    Going over to Oz in January and need to come home in July for 5 weeks. Emailed USIT but they just confused me even more!! Something about how i'm only covered by insurance for 3 weeks but just want to be sure.

You're able to come and go from and to the country as you please, so long as it's within the time that your visa is active, which in your case I'm assuming is a 1 year WHV!
    Coming home however doesn't extend your visa, for example if you come home for 3 weeks and then return, you're visa is not extended for the 3 weeks you were out of the country.
    padrepio wrote: »
    if you want a print out of your actual visa go onto http://www.immi.gov.au/managing-australias-borders/compliance/working-legally/evo-for-visa-holders.htm and enter the TRN quoted in your email print out confirming your visa.

Very very very much appreciated! Thank you:) I probably won't need it, but I just don't want to take the risk of anything! Plus it's my first time flying alone so I'm probably gonna have a slightly nervous look on my face already! No need to attract more attention!

Advertisement