Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Here comes the frost!!!

• 15-11-2010 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Not sure how the roads were in other parts but skerries / loughshinny roads are well covered with frost & patches of ice!!
    Turbo trainer for me tonight!
    Take care out there!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,256 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Adult size Stabalisers!...thats what we need..ideally made of carbon with ceramic bearings!. :D

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,703 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I noticed the frost alright this morning, but even at 7am, when it was probably at its coldest, I didn't see much ice on the road during the commute - Once a few cars had been along the, I think most of the ice had melted.

The good news is it's going to warm up a bit tomorrow (but the winds will be back:eek:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,461 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

yer great big girl (i'm still waiting for a new frame )

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Was about to go cycling, then I stepped outside and remembered I've something important to do first :rolleyes:

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

Frost in the shade but no ice on my short trip from Killester to town. Wore my shorts because I'm in work before my legs know it's cold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭twinsen

The N4 was bit slippery this morning on the way from Dublin to Leixlip. But it wasnt that bad. I noticed i dont sweat that much as usual when its cold like this morning, which is good, me thinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

The gritters had been out from what I could see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Icy patches on the old Portmarnock - Malahide road at 9 this morning. Saw one car in the ditch...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!
    My winter training has only just started ... no way I can do 10h/week on the turbo.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭rp

-4c according to my Shed-o-therm. Back roads in Kildare were dodgy enough, but Dublin itself was a lot warmer, the main hazard being the leaf-filled cycle tracks, made much slipperier by the frost. Cars seemed to have got themselves all snarled up: there were cars stopped on the Luas tracks on the Longmile/Naas Rd junction.

• Advertisement

No issues on my commute today, frosty only.

Still looking forward to those ice tyres arriving soon.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Will be cycling dun laoghaire to blanch from wednesday prob 2-3 days a week, looking forward to getting back in the saddle :)

Dónal wrote: »
    Still looking forward to those ice tyres arriving soon.

What ice tyres? How much etc? Road or MTB?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

no issues for me this morning, cars had a hard frost on them in the driveway, but roads were fine. Avoided the leaves on the cycletracks though, and any manhole covers etc too.
    I too can't wait till the ice and snow comes again so I can get my ice-spikers out and MTB to work. Bring it on.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

cdaly_ wrote: »
    What ice tyres? How much etc? Road or MTB?

I presume he means these.

I presume he means these.

Totally not clear on sizes there. These are MTB tyres (42-622)? Are there road versions to be had (28-700c) or am I dreaming?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Totally not clear on sizes there. These are MTB tyres (42-622)? Are there road versions to be had (28-700c) or am I dreaming?
    dreaming, unless you can find some cx ones and your bike has clearance for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,143 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

kenmc wrote: »
    dreaming, unless you can find some cx ones and your bike has clearance for them

I tried my CX ones on a winter road bike with long drop brakes, and it didn't work. They're quite big.

No chance on the FCR. Might try to nick borrow my wife's Trek 7.1 That has 37-622s on at the mo and looks like it would have room for the 42-622s...

Advertisement