Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extra Long Socket Screws

• 15-11-2010 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭

Has anyone bought these recently - I only need a pair of them - a socket on a wall that was dry-lined with 38mm Plasterboard.

I reckon I need 50-60mm screws.

Where did you get them - looked in Atlantic Homecare yesterday and they hadn't go the foggiest.

No point in me buying a whole box from a wholesaler - I'm in Dublin 8.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Siopa Linn in Harlods Cross opposite the park, probably the most helpful hardware shops out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I've got some 50mm screws here, can't remember where I bought them but probably B&Q.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Payton

trad wrote: »
    Siopa Linn in Harlods Cross opposite the park, probably the most helpful hardware shops out there.
    Yea great service. But you should get them in most local hardware shops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Im sure B&q would do small packets too.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭nick 56

any/most electrical suppliers will stock them. they come in differant lengths

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

if yer anywhere near finglas in the next while call into me and ill throw ye a few. standard sizes are 35,40,50 75 and ye also can get extension studs which just lenghten your existing screws.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭CBYR1983

Thanks lads - I checked again and realised I needed 75mm to be sure - B&Q didn't seem to have them on their website.

Then looked on T O'Reilly website - they were only selling boxes of 200.

But I stopped into an electrical supplier in Jamestown (Inchicore) on my way to work this morning and he gave me a few of the 75s for nothing - fair play to the chap.

Advertisement